39 Goldsmith St. #2, Jamaica Plain, MA 02130 Map · Phone number

About DJK Entertainment

I was inspired to create DJK Entertainment at a time when a lot of my friends were getting married. 26, 27, 28 years old - I think I spent a quarter of those summer weekends sweating in a suit on some lawn. I love weddings, and more than weddings I love queuing dance music. Remember when we used to go dancing and throw good parties every weekend? That seems to happen less and less now. But a wedding is an instant template for funky formality, for careful carelessness, and all of your closest friends will be there. Whether or not the various stakeholders can agree on anything, I believe this rare thing should be relished and not dreaded. This is serious business.

I've been entertaining at weddings for eight years, both as a folk/bluegrass musician and a DJ. I play what you want to hear, I dress up, I show up on time, I bring my own equipment, I'm nice, Minnesotan, and affordable. This is what I believe:

Your music comes first. What is your must play list? what is your never play list?

Flexibility is important. I know how to read and respond to a room. My equipment is available for speeches and impromptu thank yous. I can change my plans on the fly, and I'm always open to new ideas.

Flawless cross fades and beat matching matter. And fun! I've stood through enough awkward silence on the dance floor to realize these professional flourishes go a long way. I'll keep the dance floor exciting and respond to your energy.

My role is DJ, not emcee. I do not like cheesy wedding narration, "party-pumping" antics, and that sort of thing. I play music, take requests, smile, and let you and your family do the talking.

I can do DJ better, and I want you to have some piece of mind. Y'all are gonna tear it up on the floor! I'll make sure the conditions are right. You're getting married and you're throwing a good party!

7f634969a4020702 1519842702 85bc8beb7f819e9d 1519842700 de8d96846c502aeb 151984

DJK Entertainment 5
DJK Entertainment 6
  • Julia

Julia · Married on 07/13/2019

Hiring Jamie was the best money spent for our wedding!

I truly cannot say enough about how wonderful Jamie was to work with. Going into the planning process, we were unsure whether we wanted a band or DJ, and even considered renting equipment to just play music ourselves because we were planning on a budget. We were nervous about hiring a DJ because we are not at all into the cheesy vibe of many of the wedding DJs out there. Hiring Jamie ended up being one of the best decisions we made and the most well-spent money of the day. (Which is incredibly reasonable for what you get, by the way!)

Jamie is super friendly and easy to talk to, which helps him to really get to know the couple before the day of the wedding and best assess what kind of music to play for the vibe you want for your reception. We ended up hiring Jamie to also play guitar as guests were arriving before the ceremony and for our processional, which was just beautiful and well worth spending a little extra.

Jamie brought all of the equipment that he needed and arrived with lots of extra time to set up, which helped me feel like everything was under-control the day of the wedding. We ended up using one of his microphones for the ceremony and he even let a friend of mine use his guitar amplification set-up when performing a song during the ceremony. He was happy to do a quick sound-check with these performers before the ceremony for no extra charge, which was incredibly helpful.

We chose not to have a formal sit-down dinner at our wedding, so the music was really important during the entire reception. Jamie successfully navigated our needs to gradually shape the music into the perfect dance party. A week later, we're still getting comments from our guests about how great he was.

On the day of the wedding, I so appreciated Jamie's calm and collected demeanor. I had every confidence that he had the event under control, and he was super approachable for the entire evening, so I felt comfortable making last-minute requests.

All said, if you're looking for somebody who knows their stuff, who you'll actually enjoy having at your event, who will go above and beyond to make your day special without the cheesiness of many popular wedding DJs, Jamie is your guy. I absolutely cannot recommend him enough.

(Re: photo attachments - I don't have many photos of the dance party yet because I need to wait for the photographer's photos to come in. Everyone else was dancing and not worrying about taking pictures! I included a photo of the sound set-up during the ceremony, including microphone and guitar amplification, as well as a picture of my husband and I bing lifted during the Horah, which Jamie navigated like a pro!)

Sent on 07/20/2019
    DJK Entertainment 7
    DJK Entertainment 8
  • Catherine

Catherine · Married on 07/06/2019

An absolutely lovely and outstanding DJ!

Jamie was an absolutely wonderful and priceless addition to our wedding. He ran the sound and music at our ceremony and DJ'd our reception. It meant absolutely everything to us to have someone we fully trusted with the music, and we deeply appreciated Jamie's thoughtful and thorough communication style. We really felt we could relax throughout our wedding day knowing that everything audio-related was in Jamie's extremely capable hands!

On top of his technical skill, reliability, and sublime taste in music, Jamie is truly kind and warm – just the type of person you want at your wedding. We can't recommend him highly enough.

Sent on 08/03/2019

Sarah/Sam · Married on 09/15/2018

Wonderful!

Easy and comfortable to work with, helped corral guests for speech and dance time, highly recommend!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Award

DJK Entertainment FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services? $ 1,200.00
  • What is included in the starting price? Consultation, Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 1,200.00
  • What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package? Consultation, Sound/PA System, Microphones, Travel Expenses
  • What music genres do you specialize in? Oldies, R&B/Soul, Rock
  • What services do you offer? Consultation, Do-Not-Play List
  • What additional equipment do you offer? Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System

• 39 Goldsmith St. #2 Jamaica Plain, 02130 See on map