DJK Entertainment

39 Goldsmith St. #2, Jamaica Plain, MA 02130 Map · Phone number

About DJK Entertainment

I was inspired to create DJK Entertainment at a time when a lot of my friends were getting married. 26, 27, 28 years old - I think I spent a quarter of those summer weekends sweating in a suit on some lawn. I love weddings, and more than weddings I love queuing dance music. Remember when we used to go dancing and throw good parties every weekend? That seems to happen less and less now. But a wedding is an instant template for funky formality, for careful carelessness, and all of your closest friends will be there. Whether or not the various stakeholders can agree on anything, I believe this rare thing should be relished and not dreaded. This is serious business.

I've been entertaining at weddings for eight years, both as a folk/bluegrass musician and a DJ. I play what you want to hear, I dress up, I show up on time, I bring my own equipment, I'm nice, Minnesotan, and affordable. This is what I believe:

Your music comes first. What is your must play list? what is your never play list?

Flexibility is important. I know how to read and respond to a room. My equipment is available for speeches and impromptu thank yous. I can change my plans on the fly, and I'm always open to new ideas.

Flawless cross fades and beat matching matter. And fun! I've stood through enough awkward silence on the dance floor to realize these professional flourishes go a long way. I'll keep the dance floor exciting and respond to your energy.

My role is DJ, not emcee. I do not like cheesy wedding narration, "party-pumping" antics, and that sort of thing. I play music, take requests, smile, and let you and your family do the talking.

I can do DJ better, and I want you to have some piece of mind. Y'all are gonna tear it up on the floor! I'll make sure the conditions are right. You're getting married and you're throwing a good party!

Wedding Dance Party

DJK Entertainment 3
DJK Entertainment 4

Sarah/Sam · Married on 09/15/2018

Wonderful!

Easy and comfortable to work with, helped corral guests for speech and dance time, highly recommend!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Ally · Married on 08/31/2018

Hands down, best money spent during the whole wedding. Jamie was so wonderful to work with. Discussing every detail and really getting to know us and our style. The acoustic guitar and harmonica being played on the deck at the reception was incredible. It truly started the night off on the best foot. We were up dancing like crazy people all night. So, so much fun. Could not recommend enough!

Sent on 09/04/2018

Brandon · Married on 04/28/2018

DJK was amazing at our wedding! We did a pre-wedding interview with him, where he got familiar with our musical tastes and we let him know a few songs we definitely wanted (and a few we definitely didn't want). From there, he built a song list that was hours long, and all bangers. DJK made our nuptial a PARTY!

The best thing about DJK was that EVERYONE was dancing. Our friends, our older relatives, the venue owner, wedding crashers, caterers, DJK himself - everyone!

DJK was also amazingly flexible and easy to work with. Our set up for the dance floor - a tent on a driveway with extension cords running from a house - was probably not the easiest, but DJK showed up the morning of the wedding and made that tent awesome. His equipment was great, and he had lights that made the tent look super cool, and he took care of all of the last minute technical questions without us even having to get involved.

I cannot recommend DJK highly enough. He is easy to work with, great at getting to your crowd and getting them moving. He is literally the Earth's best wedding DJ.

Sent on 07/03/2018

Award

DJK Entertainment FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services? $ 1,200.00
  • What is included in the starting price? Consultation, Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 1,200.00
  • What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package? Consultation, Sound/PA System, Microphones, Travel Expenses
  • What music genres do you specialize in? Oldies, R&B/Soul, Rock
  • What services do you offer? Consultation, Do-Not-Play List
  • What additional equipment do you offer? Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System

• 39 Goldsmith St. #2 Jamaica Plain, 02130 See on map