191 Alabaster Loop, Perris, CA 92570 Map · Phone number

5 Reviews for DJ Jason Cova

• Bernadette

Bernadette · Married on 05/25/2019

Best DJ Out There

My husband and I were first introduced to DJ Jason Cova at our friends wedding in Simi Valley, CA at Hummingbird Nest Ranch...at this time, we were less than two weeks into our engagement and in the beginning stages of our own wedding preparation.

We were blown away by Jason's performance that night and were lucky to have seen him create a perfect wedding night for our friends Art & Melissa. Little did we know that our very own interview with Jason was live in action! Simply put, we knew the next day who we wanted for our DJ services.

We were sold by Jason's professionalism, bi-lingual skills (English & Spanish), and sheer ability to keep the program running smoothly.

After we decided on Jason for our wedding at Calamigos Ranch in Malibu, CA, we were lucky enough to book his services for Memorial Day weekend (5/25/19). For those looking to book Jason....act swiftly!

We were unfamiliar with the preparation needed to plan for our wedding reception and Jason made the planning for this very easy. We met via phone or FaceTime for all of our meetings. During each meeting, Jason took detailed notes and laid out the draft for our reception with ease....each following meeting building up to our final plan. He created his own website for his couples to provide song requests for the big items and to help inform him of the vibe & style we wanted. Jason also provides extra services like lighting...we added this to our list last minute and he was able to accommodate that easily.

Jason helped us plan for our wedding reception and all the MC portions of our wedding formality including our first dance, cake cutting and group photos. Everything was seamless on our wedding night and went according to plan just as we expected. Jason engaged our guests & our parents, read the room and played the music to keep the vibe going. My wife and I danced all night! All of our guest had a great time and our experience was memorable beyond expectations.

Jason is more than a DJ or MC. He is truly one of the best in his field! We highly recommend Jason for your wedding.

Sent on 06/16/2019
  • Mike

Mike · Married on 12/01/2018

World Class Master of Ceremonies

I am a very detailed oriented person and am also very particular with my musical tastes and dislikes. It is because of this that my then-Fiancée-now-Wife put me in charge of finding a suitable DJ for our wedding. Having little to no context as to how I would go about finding a DJ, I did some online searches and was flooded with all kinds of information on different companies, all declaring themselves as being great. I was very fortunate to come across a recommendation for DJ Jason Cova within my local Nextdoor Neighborhood App. I did my research on him and his Yelp reviews alone had me sold on reaching out to him. I am more than happy to write this and to add to his growing list of commendable reviews.

First important detail to note: Jason provides both DJ and Master of Ceremonies Services. I was naive to what this meant when I booked our first meeting with him. I figured he would simply be a background person, providing typical music throughout the wedding and our reception. Thankfully he became a great deal more than this for our special day.

We did not have a Wedding Planner or a Day-of-Coordinator and this worried me greatly. I figured it would be entirely on myself and my Fiancee to figure out all of the finer details of where to be, where to stand, and the overall timeline of events for the wedding and reception. It turned out that with Jason's Master of Ceremonies service, we really did not need one. Every step of the way, Jason was there to direct, explain, and overall, put my mind at ease.

Jason prepared a timeline for us to follow and provided context as to what to expect. Also as part of his service, he has a website full of resources for coordinating and planning all of these details. It was really helpful to be able to at any time, visually see, review and even add to or edit all of this information in one place. During our several meetings, we would both constantly reference back to the website where everything was incredibly organized and maintained. It was very apparent that we were working with a true professional, one who takes pride in their craft and also loves what they do.

While we did lean heavily on Jason's direction and expertise, that is not to say that we were left out of any of the decision making details. In our first meeting with him, I had zero ideas on anything and gave Jason very little to work with. Despite this, Jason was always quick to offer advice with the very important caveat in making sure we were comfortable with all aspects and that we had the final say in the direction we were going. We had around 4-5 online meetings throughout the year prior to the wedding, as well as frequent email correspondences. With each meeting, I felt the momentum shift from me having little to nothing to offer in terms of ideas to a considerable amount of certainty of where I wanted to go. This was largely due to the amount of confidence Jason evoked in ourselves during this entire process.

We wanted our wedding to have video game, wrestling and overall nerd culture themes with matching music throughout. Through our collaboration with Jason, we worked together to put on a wedding that I really wish I could have been a guest of.

As part of our package, we had uplighting placed throughout the reception area which really added a unique ambiance to the room. We were given a multitude of different colors to choose from. Jason was very accommodating in being able to switch all of the uplight colors from Amber during the first half of the reception to purple for the last half during the open dancing portions.

There were several songs which needed to be edited, either for time purposes or looped. There were specific cues which I needed to be timed out and hit with precision for the start and end of songs for entrances. This was especially important during the garter toss, in which we needed a very specific and timed sequence of three different songs played in order. There was even a song I needed to be played at some point during our reception as a surprise to my wife in which I could not tell Jason when or where we would fit it in, but to be ready on standby for it.

All of my requests were handled with the utmost attention and executed flawlessly. I reflect back to that night and I am still in awe as to how well everything went. There was so much room for little mishaps here and there and we had absolutely none. There was never a time during the wedding or reception where our guests did not know what was going on. Jason was always directing, engaging, informing, and even leading them all as to where to go, what was coming up, and how to participate with all we had going on. He was able to read the crowd and hype up everything appropriately. From our grand entrances to dinner, to toasting, group photo gathering ... from start to finish, my wife and I had the simple luxury and pleasure of being able to sit back and take it all in largely because of Jason's pure professionalism.

The amount we invested in his services went well beyond what we expected. Of all the feedback we have received from our guests and family, the constant subject that comes up is just how entertained and impressed they were with Jason. My wife and I have an enormous amount of gratitude and respect for all Jason and his assistant Chris has done in helping us create an evening that we, my family, and our friends will never forget. Thank you so much, Jason, we unequivocally recommend your services to anyone and everyone who is in need. You are truly one of a kind.

Sent on 12/19/2018

Shelby · Married on 08/25/2018

I cannot recommend DJ Cova enough! Not only are his services absurdly reasonably priced, he is one of the best DJs out there. From the detailed planning to day of execution, he made our day absolutely perfect, and we had so many people come up to us during and after the wedding to let us know how awesome he was. You can tell he really cares about making the day special for everyone, and that shines through in his work. Book DJ Cova for your day!

Sent on 08/28/2018

DJ Jason Cova FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services?
    $ 1025.00
  • What is included in the starting price?
    Travel Expenses
    Sound/PA System
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 1025
  • What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package?
    Travel Expenses
  • What is the starting price for uplighting?
    $ 200.00
  • What music genres do you specialize in?
    Country
    Pop
    R&B/Soul
    Rock
    Top 40
  • What services do you offer?
    Bilingual MC
    Do-Not-Play List
    One Event Per Day
  • What additional equipment do you offer?
    Photobooth
    Projector
    Uplighting

• 191 Alabaster Loop Perris, 92570 See on map
    Location of (DJ Jason Cova)