About DJ Greg Gioia

I play danceable indie and popular tracks, avoid overplayed cliche cheesy songs, and take requests.

I’m a wedding DJ. When you hire me, you get me. I never send another DJ in my place. Besides great music, I have sound systems, lights, and wireless microphones, and can work indoors or outdoors. I can play dance music, background songs for dinner or cocktails, or supply music and microphones for your ceremony.

I specialize in indie rock, new wave, old-skool rap, and Motown, but have a great collection of danceable music from all genres. I have all the current pop, hip hop, and r&b hits, and will gladly play anything you request.

If you want some Britpop, yé-yé, afrobeat, ska, or any other niche genre represented in the mix, I’m your guy. I can keep guests dancing while avoiding the cheesy, overplayed and cliché songs too often played at weddings.

Categories: Wedding DJ

Regions serviced: San Francisco

Follow DJ Greg Gioia on

5 Reviews for DJ Greg Gioia

Consultation (1)
One Event Per Day (1)

Greg was such a great part of our wedding! He played all the songs we requested to hear and he also catered perfectly to the mix of people we had in attendance. We wanted someone who would keep the party going without the typical wedding MC vibe. And he did that perfectly with music alone! The sign of a great talent in the DJ world, I think. In addition to being a talented DJ, he was a pleasant and professional person to work with during the planning process. Thanks Greg! Wish we could do it all over again!

Profile Picture Lara, 4/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, One Event Per Day

Greg was the DJ at my wedding in Santa Cruz. I was surprised at his ability to keep the older family members sweating to the oldies, while still sneaking in some of my West Coast Hip Hop favorites. It made my special day even more special when I saw my in-laws go from dancing to Stevie Wonder to Mac Dre. It takes a special kind of talent to pull off a move like that, and Greg definitely has that talent.

Profile Picture lauchlan, 2/29/16, 1 Review

My Photo Album

17 Photos

San Francisco, CA 94107   See On Map
415-683-1404 (phone)
DJ Greg Gioia is a wedding DJ from the San Francisco Bay Area servicing weddings throughout the local area, including Silicon Valley, Wine Country, and Monterey. DJ Greg Gioia is a professional DJ that has been part of the Northern California wedding industry since 1992 specializing in weddings and special events where you want indie and alternative music mixed in with danceable hits.