Palm Springs, Palm Springs, CA 92262 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Pricing
  • Meet the Team

About DJ Alex Updike

Based in Palm Springs, California, DJ Alex Updike is a wedding DJ specializing in high-quality, high-energy, and highly-customized entertainment. Music makes memories, and DJ Alex Updike wants his couples to be able to enjoy those memories with style. Designing playlists from the ground up to suit couples' tastes, he ensures that wedding occasions are tailor-fit to each individual couple, straying from the dull and honing in on what makes your wedding uniquely YOU.

This DJ works directly with couples, considering them partners in the creative process. With a large repertoire of music and a portfolio of over 150 events, couples can feel assured that they are receiving premier services with DJ Alex Updike. Reducing stress along the way, this DJ is pleased to work with all sorts of clients with a range of needs and preferences. To start planning a wedding soundtrack, couples can contact DJ Alex Updike for further details about services and pricing.

Follow DJ Alex Updike on
Suit up
acehotelweddinginpalmsprings gabeandlaurenbyashdurham reception 95 51 1514809 159648322546373
Not Anna Kendrick

1 User photo

Hugo R. · Married on 04/16/2021

Perfecto !! Awesome !! THE BEST DJ

The perfect DJ

Planning any event can be a pain in the neck, from catering to music it can all be overwhelming. We planned our wedding and discovered Alex on Yelp. Wasn’t hard to find out why he is the number one listed DJ on Yelp for the Palm Springs area. From our first meeting we knew Alex was the right guy for the job; professional presentation and breakdown of his services and left us with all our questions answered. From there he gave us access to a client portal where we entered all of our event details and he can get an idea of the music we like and plan accordingly.

On the day of the even from the minute Alex arrived at the venue I felt at ease as he’s preforming a basic mic check but the attention to detail floored me as I’m getting ready to put on my Tuxedo.

The start of the event went so smoothly and at no point did we stress over the presentation or music throughout the night.

Alex flowed the music to perfection and had the guests on the dance floor until the very end.

I couldn’t ask for a better DJ/Host/Person

Alex also helped us with the photo booth and the photo operator was a pleasant host to our guests and took great pictures.

Sent on 04/26/2021

Maureen · Married on 11/14/2020

Beyond outstanding

Hired to do ceremony and reception. Best decision I made. What a professional! There is more to DJ-ing than providing awesome music and reading the crowd (I had no idea how much!) which is exactly what he did. Had to change date twice and he made it so easy. He worked with coordinator so well (she also raved about him); was attentive to the time line. Bottom line; he’s amazing and you will not have a worry when you get him for your event. He only gets 5 stars bc 10 is not an option.

Sent on 11/19/2020

Award

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner

DJ Alex Updike Pricing

DJ Alex Updike Price Rates

DJ Alex Updike FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services?
    $ 1000
  • What is included in the starting price?
    Travel Expenses
    Sound/PA System
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 1500
  • What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package?
    Travel Expenses
  • What is the starting price for uplighting?
    $ 500
  • What music genres do you specialize in?
    Club
    Country
    Electronic
    Hip Hop
    International
    Oldies
    Pop
    Top 40
  • What services do you offer?
    Do-Not-Play List
    Video Projection
  • What additional equipment do you offer?
    Disco Ball
    Photobooth
    Projector
    Uplighting

Team of DJ Alex Updike

Alex  Updike

Alex Updike

Owner

Can we be honest with each other for a second? The “About Me” section for every DJ is, well, boring. You probably don’t really care about where I’m from, how I “got into DJing”, or even how many years I’ve been doing it. You care about one thing – can I provide an epic experience for you, your friends, and your family? And the answer to that question is a resounding YES!

I view everyone I work with not as clients, but as partners. My promise to you is that we will work together to create the exact atmosphere and experience you want for every part of your wedding or event. I then take all that information and combine it with my vast musical knowledge, high-level DJing skills, and years of experience reading crowds to create a musical experience that is uniquely YOU. From the flawless pre-ceremony playlist, to the perfect vibe during dinner, to the craziest dance party at the end of the night, music evokes the feelings and creates the memories that guests remember forever. So don’t settle. Go with the best.

When I’m not rocking dancefloors, I enjoy the occasional softball game to try and relive my glory days as a collegiate baseball player, playing with the cutest dog in the world (my pitbull named Freya), trying to read more, and eating way too much pizza.

+ More Details
- Less Details

• Palm Springs Palm Springs, CA, 92262 See on map
    760-218-2625 (Phone number)
    Location of (DJ Alex Updike)