920 W Liberty St. Apt. 1, Ann Arbor, MI 48103 Map · Phone number

About Deborah Marcero Photography

My grandfather used to take off on his motorcycle, riding around the country with a brownie camera and packs of film. From him, I gained a love of photography.

I took my dad’s old manual-focus camera and began expressing my ideas through film. Then, I travelled alone across the country. Camera in hand, I sought to discover where it was I wanted to go, who it was I wanted to be. Along the way I worked with David Levinthal to create Polaroids the size of windows and taught photo essay to undergrads looking for their own answers.

In Chicago, I studied poetry and photography at the School of the Art Institute. Now based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, Photography saturates the history of my life. It is part of who I am, how I see.

Relax. Laugh. Be. I take the light, and shape it around you. At your reception, you will probably catch me, camera in hand, dancing along.

• Hannah Larue Photography
stephtomannarborweddingphotos048
weddingphotographerannarbor032

3 Reviews for Deborah Marcero Photography

Elizabeth · Married on 10/03/2010

Deborah is wonderful to work with and we couldn't possibly be happier with her photos! She captured every special moment, beautifully, without being remotely intrusive. She managed to turn real moments into art.

Her presence is calming; she made us feel completely at ease every step of the way, and somehow managed to be everywhere without being detected. She feels completely available to you (a goodluck charm), professional and responsive. Her photos speak for themselves -- they're breathtaking. She was ready to photograph my husband at the crack of dawn and we had her running around to various sites the morning of the wedding too. She did everything with ease and helped make it the most fun day of our lives.

When we look at the photos we get to relive what it felt like inside each of those moments, which is such a gift. We will cherish them forever and would recommend Deborah and Honey & Light to anyone and everyone looking for an exceptional photographer!

Sent on 03/04/2011

Kelsey · Married on 09/04/2010

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Deborah. She photographed our wedding in South Carolina and produced absolutely stunning work. She has a gift to not only to capture perfect moments but to portray the pure emotions in each photograph. Not a single detail escapes Deborah's artistic eye and looking at her pieces of art elicits the same emotions we felt in the photos all over again. Her energy encourages the people she is photographing to be themselves, creating images that capture raw emotions. She made us feel so comfortable during our photo sessions and was so much fun to work with. We will always cherish Deborah's work from our wedding and would recommend her to my closest friends and family members without hesitation.

Sent on 03/10/2011

Erin · Married on 07/10/2010

Deborah is a wonderfully artistic photographer who captures not just the image but the 1,000 words that go along with every picture. Her work is filled with a graceful energy of spirit and she infuses everything she does with beauty and light. I loved having her as my wedding photographer and look forward to having her photograph the child my husband and I are expecting in October. She's a gem!

Sent on 03/19/2011

Deborah Marcero Photography FAQ

• What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    High-Res Images
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums