Lexington, KY 40598 Map · Phone number
  • Photos

5 Reviews for DaRae and friends catering

Ashley · Married on 09/25/2015

They did a wonderful job at my wedding! Six weeks later and people are still talking about the food! We saw our friends leaving with to-go cups full of Mac and cheese, my boss mentions the mint tea lemonade once a week, even a speaker at our church brought up the potato bar. Darae was so wonderful to work with. We went with a cheese dip and mini hot Browns as an appetizer and three stations for the meal. We were concerned that it wouldn't be enough food for my finances friends and our hearty relatives, but there was plenty. The staff was just lovely and dealt with the rainy outdoor wedding with no complaints!

Sent on 11/10/2015
  • W

Whitney · Married on 05/10/2014

Great to work with and was very accommodating! The food was a hit with all our guests and they are still talking about it! Morrison was great to meet and she was able to accommodate all requests considering we love 5 hours away.

Sent on 05/17/2014

Brooke · Married on 05/28/2016

3.0

If you are a central Kentucky bride, selecting DaRae and Friends for your catering makes for a truly memorable reception. From the first time I met with DaRae, her calm confidence put to ease my stress about making one of the biggest decisions of the planning process. DaRae kindly hosted not one but two tastings for me to accommodate my fiancé’s and mother’s schedule. We were thrilled with the incredible variety of choices, the high quality of all the food, and the ability to customize our menu in a detailed fashion to craft a unique reception. After our tastings, choosing DaRae was such a simple, easy choice.

It is worth noting that we did have some communication issues between the tastings and the wedding. For a span of about a month (two months before my wedding), it was very difficult to get in touch with DaRae via email and phone to confirm our final menu selections and arrange our last payment installment. However, about three weeks before my wedding, communication issues were resolved, and the staff became much easier to contact.

The reception confirmed our decision as DaRae and her wonderful staff surpassed all expectations. Guests were thrilled with the unique “stations” of food that promoted mingling as opposed to one long buffet line, and many commented that it was the best food they had ever eaten at a wedding reception. Furthermore, the incredibly thoughtful on-site workers ensured that my husband and I ate by bringing food to our sweetheart table, checked on us throughout the evening to bring us another bite to eat or keep our glasses full, and sent home hearty portions of leftovers at the end of the night.

Sent on 07/13/2016