DanceSport, Paul Pellicoro's

22 West 34th Street 4th Fl, East Entrance, New York, NY 10001 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 6

About DanceSport, Paul Pellicoro's

Your first dance together...

Your first dance as newlyweds should be memorable, not nerve-racking. As you take your first steps to the music that will become your song, you will want to do so with poise, pride, and grace.

At DanceSport, our goal is to have our wedding couples enjoy every moment of their first dance, whether you are already competent on the ballroom floor, or if you have never taken a step to music, either as an individual or as a couple. Our Wedding Dance Specialist will guide you through carefully planned private lessons, helping you make your shining moment feel effortless and natural.

DanceSport will assist you in making your first dance one that all of your guests will remember, and more importantly, a memory the two of you will cherish. The skills you learn will not only carry you through your wedding, but will keep you dancing for years to come.

More on DanceSport

Paul Pellicoro’s DanceSport has grown from humble beginnings to become the largest ballroom and Latin dance studio in New York. Founded in 1985, Paul Pellicoro has brought competitive and social dancing to the heart of New York and to many individuals around the world.

DanceSport is located in midtown Manhattan and can proudly call itself the largest dance studio on the east coast. Along with a handful of teachers, these dedicated professionals brought the New York partner dance scene back to life.

During the resurgence of ballroom and latin dance, Paul and the studio started being featured on news stations, talk shows, and all forms of local media. They came into national acclaim for their role in the choreography of the famous tango scene with Al Pacino in SCENT OF A WOMAN, and DanceSport continues to be sought out by stars when they’re preparing for their dance parts in film, television and stage.

DanceSport’s keys to success from the beginning have included offering a wide variety of dance styles and being pioneers in creating opportunities for people to utilize their skills on the dance floor through practice and city-wide events. As they began to attract other top teachers and performers, their mission was truly realized - to have the most comprehensive programs available in all areas of social and competitive dancing.

Thanks to the expertise available at the studio, DanceSport has been able to successfully expand the scope of its services to both the student population and the community of social and competitive dancers. Today, the extensive repertoire at DanceSport also includes show performances, corporate events, dance vacations, wedding services, programs and children’s dance programs.

www.dancesport.com

testimonial04

• Videos 1

4 Reviews for DanceSport, Paul Pellicoro's

Joan · Married on 05/16/2017

I really wanted a choreographed wedding dance and for my fiancé to learn more than his three usual moves :). My friend highly recommended Paul Pellicori's DanceSport. I loved the way we were treated right from the start. We were given a tour of the gigantic space - really incredible, and all of the wedding packages were explained to us. We met with the wedding coordinator and were told that we could pick our own music, do cuts and learn in a private room (my fiancé loved the private room and extra attention!). The vibe of the studio instantly puts you in a great mood because of the music, energy and smiling faces on staff AND clients. You can tell everyone loves being there. We really love our lessons and practicing at their parties. It is simply a great place and we will continue visiting even after our wedding!

Charlotte · Married on 03/23/2013

We had a great experience at Dancesport. I heard about them from a friend at work who took swing there and so we tried the free introductory class. On our first night, we were running late from work, not knowing what to expect. It was really busy at the front desk, so I thought we would be late in taking our class. But then April introduced herself to us and she was the one I had emailed back and forth, so I felt better right away. The private lessons are in a private room which my husband really liked, and everyone there is really professional. By the way, they have a nice homey cafe/bar which is perfect if you're hungry or want to unwind. Robert was our teacher and he put together a beautiful dance to "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel. Our wedding was March 23 of this year and I still get lots of compliments on the dance when I see people from the wedding. Thank you Dancesport for such a memorable experience. We will DEF be back for more dancing.

Heather · Married on 08/27/2011

My fiance and I wanted to have a special choreographed dance for our first dance at our wedding. I love dancing and have taken lessons in Latin & Ballroom in the past. We both love music. My fiance had never taken lessons before so we went to DanceSport to see what they had to offer for wedding couples. The people at the front desk told us we could take an intro class or purchase a package. We decided on an intro class (my fiance was a little skeptical that he'd have 2 left feet). After our intro we felt full on lessons were the way to go. We spoke with April and she told us all about the Wedding Dance program. Our teacher, Maranda, was wonderful! She taught us every step of the way - literally! She went over the music we had picked out and Maranda worked with us based on our different skill levels and voila, the perfect wedding dance was born! Thank you April, Maranda and DanceSport! We'll went back for more lessons after the wedding since we are now addicted!

• Heather Barranco DREAMCAKES
    Heather Barranco DREAMCAKES Wedding Cakes

April is a warm and wonderful person to work with. She seems truly caring and energetic about her work.

• DivaBookIt
    DivaBookIt Travel Agents

DivaBookIt likes Dancesport. Attention all brides, if you are getting dance lessons for your wedding day, look no further than Dancesport, the number one professional dance studio in Manhattan. Learn to dance and have fun in a great environment with awesome teachers like April and Lydia! Thanks ladies, the service rocks and our brides are thrilled with the classes and one on one time with the staff

• 22 West 34th Street 4th Fl, East Entrance New York, NY 10001 See on map