1452 Dahlgren Road P.O. Box 721, Middletown, MD 21769 Map · Phone number

About Dahlgren Chapel

A high style ceremony in an intimate setting...

As Mrs. Dahlgren so eloquently described in her book, South Mountain Magic, the location of Dahlgren Chapel, atop South Mountain between Middletown and Boonsboro, is exquisite! Mrs. Dahlgren was an accomplished author, Washington D.C. socialite and the wife of Rear Admiral Dahlgren, inventor of the Dahlgren gun during the Civil War and confidant to President Abraham Lincoln.

The first wedding held at Dahlgren Chapel was that of her daughter, Ulrica Dahlgren and Major Josiah Pierce. Upholding this tradition, the Central Maryland Heritage League is proud to make the chapel available to private services, events, and weddings.

The chapel seats 80 people and with its beautiful marble altar, stained glass windows, and aisle nearly 40 feet long it has provided a perfect location for wedding couples for more than 100 years!

weddingpic
weddingpic
DahlgrenChapelExterior

5 Reviews for Dahlgren Chapel

Jennifer · Married on 05/19/2018

We loved this church! Had a May wedding which was perfect because there is no air conditioning. They are so nice and easy to work with.

Sent on 06/02/2018

Dahlgren Chapel's reply:

Thank you, Jennifer. I am so pleased to hear your response.

Shanna · Married on 10/23/2010

Everyone there was very helpful whether by email, phone or in person. They were friendly, gracious and quite flexible (I was late to an appointment [to see the chapel] due to construction). The chapel itself is GORGEOUS. They even helped me find a minister when my own fell through due to unforeseen circumstances.

Sent on 02/03/2011

4.2
      3.5

Beautiful church!! We went with this Chapel because it was one I used growing up. My husband and I are both catholic so when it came down to the 'paper work' to get married, that went as smooth as possible. The wedding coordinator for Georgetown was VERY organized and kept me on track with what was needed. We got married on Palm weekend so we weren't able to decorate the church with flowers which worked out perfect because the Chapel speaks for itself on how beautiful it is. Even if I could decorate with flowers, I'm not sure I would have. They've recently remodeled the church and it looks great! They are very strict in the time slot you have, but it worked out great and they made sure you stayed on time. I wouldn't have changed a thing about the ceremony and a big thanks to the school for allowing us to get married on campus! It was a beautiful (but COLD) day :). They put us in contact with the music director who supplied a vocalist and an organist for the ceremony. They were each about $250 but we preferred to use them rather than a guest to sign at the wedding. They don't have an ideal space for Brides to get ready in prior to the ceremony, so we got ready in the hotel nearby, shuttled to the campus, and found a classroom to put dresses on. I was a bit worried about this because I would rather be at the church a few hours ahead, however everything worked out fine. We went about 45 minutes a head of time and found a classroom without an issue. The guys were able to go into the church and relax ahead of time because there wasn't a ceremony before ours.

Sent on 05/29/2015

Dahlgren Chapel FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season? $ 700.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season? $ 700.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Chairs, Parking
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 80
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue? 10
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 1
  • Describe your venue: Historic Building, Religious
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service? Ceremony
  • What event services do you offer? Event Planner