Custom Gowns by Cathie

Custom Gowns by Cathie

Closed business icon The owner has indicated they are no longer in business.

3 Reviews for Custom Gowns by Cathie

3.4

0.3

Very nice lady but a poorly produced product. I'm sorry to write a bad review but the dress we had made for my daughter's wedding was so bad that we walked away. It looked very "homemade" was sewn poorly and unevenly throughout. We spent $125 as a downpayment an almost $200 on fabrics which she came with us to choose. Dress promised in 3 weeks. After 6 fittings we still had a poorly made, unfinished dress. She kept trying to fix problems but it always looked awful. She has 6 cats and litter boxes throughout her house, which is sweet as far as being a pet lover, but she had to move litter boxes to have us try on the dress. And one of them was even lying on my daughter's "custom gown". She promised a finished product and we went with hopes high. No luck- she asked us to return again so she could put on final touches. There were still too many uncorrected issues. Uneven seams, hems,gathers, poor fit,etc. NO ONE would wear this dress for their wedding reception. I feel bad to write such a negative review about someone who is trying so hard, but her skills are not as promised and we ended up with no gown, no satisfaction and I wish that someone else had warned me. Nice lady, but I cannot recommend her services.

Profile Picture User2573303, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

It is quite obviously the negative review on this site was done by someone who has something personal against Cathie. If you direct yourself to merchantcircle, another website with dresses by Cathie for reviews, they left the same, rude, comment that should be viewed as a desperate attempt to take customers away. I can tell you from my experience that Cathie is completely professional and extremely helpful. She responds quickly, is professional, very kind, and you can tell she has a passion for what she does. She is there to help and wants to get her job done right. I would recommend her to anyone. I wish I had my prom dress made by her!

Profile Picture User2730594, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

The comment below baffles me. I have no complaints about Cathie or her services. She is an incredible woman, which is just a bonus. She's very experienced and passionate in her work. Very professional and openly available. The environment is clean and comfortable, the cats never presented an issue.. pets are expected upon entering someone's home, after all. She does a better job and is much more affordable than anyone working from a shop. As a Las Vegas native, I highly recommend Cathie over ANYONE with the utmost confidence. This dress was VERY special to me, and for a charitable cause, so my expectations were extremely high, and she exceeded them with zero problems. Get more "bang for your buck," go with Cathie!

Profile Picture User2730596, 2+ years ago, 1 Review