Connie's Cake Creations

Herndon, VA View map

After nearly 35 years making cakes, I have decided to retire at the end of 2021 to spend more time with my grandchildren. It’s hard to believe I have been a part of thousands of weddings all across Virginia, Maryland, and D.C. I have been doing this for so long that I’m not sure what I’m going to do with weekends!

It was a pleasure working with so many wonderful couples over the years and for all the newly engaged couples out there: I hope your wedding is fabulous, fun, and memorable.

• Woman-owned

What services do your prices include?

Consultation
Custom Cake Design
Tastings - Private

What types of desserts do you provide?

Groom's Cake

What services do you provide?

Consultations
Custom Design
Delivery
Setup
Tastings - Private

Are you licensed by the state health department?

• Mark
    Mark W. Married on 05/30/2021

Best wedding cake ever

Connie was on our venue's 'recommended' list and she definitely delivered. We were sold after the cake tasting. Her cake was so flavorful and moist. Most cake makers can make a good icing, but almost all the cakes we tried elsewhere were kind of dry. That had been my experience with cakes I've had at other weddings as well. Connie's were by far the best. She prefers talking on the phone to email, but she always answered my emails in a timely fashion (which I can't say for all vendors.) She wasn't the most expensive quote we had either, she tended towards the cheaper end. On the day of, the cake was amazing. I had 84 guests and the cake had 100 servings, so I thought I might take leftovers home. That didn't happen, as my guests all ate their cake and took some slices home too. Several people remarked to me how good the wedding cake was and said it was the best they'd ever had. We ended up eating our anniversary cake after we got back from our honeymoon. I wish I had also gotten a groom cake. I am tempted to have another wedding just so we can get more cake!
  • Sara
    Sara Married on 07/06/2019

Tasty and Beautiful

We loved working with Connie. She really helped us figure out what we wanted our cake to look like, and it turned out great. We picked out two different types of cake to do, and everyone at the wedding loved it. One friend even remarked that she usually hates wedding cake, but she loved ours.
    Leslie Married on 05/05/2019

Picture perfect

We hired Connie to do our cake for our wedding and were beyond thrilled with what she delivered. The cake was picture perfect and absolutely delicious. Our guests had nothing but good things to say and weeks later we still receive compliments and inquiries about it. In retrospect, our cake experience was the least stressful component of our wedding planning. Connie was very accommodating and flexible with our schedule. Communications were always clear and replies were prompt. Our tasting was a delightful experience. I really appreciated that when we asked, Connie provided guidance with some of our decisions. Sometimes "whatever you want" is not the answer you're looking for - that was refreshing. The day of the wedding, Connie arrived early to set up and arranged the flowers we provided. We were stunned when we first saw the cake. Her flower arrangement (on the cake) was spot-on, better than the pictures we provided. Connie is a true professional and I would highly recommend her services to anyone.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Real Weddings

• Matthew & Jessica
    35 photos · 04/11/2015

Splash DJ Splash DJ Wedding DJs

Absolute pleasure to work with!

Sue Chamberlain Flowers Sue Chamberlain Flowers Wedding Florists

As far as I am concerned, Connie Schweizer is the Queen of Wedding Cakes! She offers very personal attention to detail and develops a visual plan for each of her clients as well as a sample of the real goods. Her cakes are delectable and beautifully decorated. From a floral designer's point of view, Connie is a dream come true. She sends a sketch of the cake, making it so much easier when the floral decoration is being designed. The most important aspect of Connie's business is that she or a very well-trained staff member delivers and sets up the cake. This is such an important feature-not always understood by a client. We have worked with many cake businesses who have wonderful cakes but whose delivery people are poorly trained and thus the cake's delivery and set up can be a disaster. Yea for Connie's Cake Creations! is

The Finer Points The Finer Points Wedding Planners

Connie always works hard to give her clients what they want and she also makes a delicious product. Her cakes are always scrumptious and professionally delivered on time. We refer clients to Connie because we know that they will love her!

12629 Magna Carta Road Herndon, 20171
Location of (Connie's Cake Creations)

Other vendors in Washington DC for your wedding