Confections

• Sin
  • Sugar Mama's Sweets and Treats

21 Reviews for Confections

Diana · Married on 08/28/2016

We met Jim and his company Kennedy Confections during our food tasting. He had a table set up and was passing out samples for all of the attendees to try. The second we tried Jim’s lemon raspberry cake with buttercream frosting, we knew we wanted that cake for our wedding. Not only was it the best wedding cake I have every tasted, it might be one of the best cakes in general I have ever had. I lost count of how many times our guests came up to us towards the end of the night exclaiming that it was the best wedding cake they have ever tasted. Jim is truly a master of his craft. The one thing we really wanted for our wedding cake was to have buttercream frosting instead of fondant. Because our venue was an outside tented venue (Regatta Place, Newport Rhode Island) every other cake vendor we spoke to, except for Jim and Kennedy Confections, said it couldn’t be done due to the outside elements. When we spoke with Jim he said it wouldn’t be a problem, and he was 100% right. I will order that cake again every year for our anniversary. The cake Jim made was to our exact specifications. It was truly a pleasure working with him. Anyone looking to have not only a beautiful looking cake for their wedding, but a truly delicious one, schedule a meeting with Jim at Kennedy Confections. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 09/12/2016

James did an excellent job with my wedding cake on 4/30. It was not only delicious but beautiful. He was very kind and personable and I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of a cake for a special event!

Sent on 05/10/2016

Nicole · Married on 08/24/2014

Jim Kennedy at Confections was wonderful to work with. We initially tried his cake at a prelude event hosted by our venue in Newport, RI. At that time we had tried some other cakes, but were blown away at the taste, and quality of his cakes! We decided within minutes we would be calling him to inquire about doing our wedding cake for our summer wedding. We live a few hours away so Jim was extremely accommodating to do the consultation via phone and e-mail. We decided on a four tier cake with two flavors, lemon raspberry and chocolate ganache. Both were so amazing!! When I walked into the venue before our ceremony, I looked over to see the cake, with fresh flowers beautifully placed and was amazed at how stunning the cake turned out! I think I said out loud that it was too pretty to eat! Jim took some of the ideas I had and went above and beyond to create a beautiful cake! Thank you, Jim for your amazing attention to detail and delicious cake! Can't wait to eat our first tier on our year anniversary.

Sent on 09/05/2014