CityFlats Hotel

83 Monroe Center St NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 20
  • Pricing
  • Real Weddings 1

About CityFlats Hotel

For a jaw-dropping and stunning backdrop for your wedding day, look no further than the Events Room or the Ballroom at CityFlatsHotel in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The versatile location checks many of the items off your to-do list, accommodating wedding ceremonies, receptions, cocktail hours, accommodations, engagement parties and more. The elegant ambiance combines modern style with historic architecture for an unforgettable event location that gives couples both “something old” and “something new.”

Facilities and Capacity
This breathtaking venue boasts vaulted ceilings, marble columns, and a beautiful grand staircase. The Ballroom can accommodate up to 200 wedding guests. It also offers a gorgeous space has marbled flooring, tiled columns, and exposed brick accent walls. The Events Room can accommodate up to 150 wedding guests.

CityFlatsHotel offers full-service wedding venues with on-site catering and event coordination available.
Additional services:

• Glassware
  • Floor length white linens
  • Fully customizable LED light system

Cuisine
Couples have the option of working with our chef to choose their wedding catering and menu options. We can accommodate semi-sit down, sit down, buffet-style, plated dinners and serving stations as styles of catering.

Location
CityFlatsHotel is nestled in the heart of downtown Grand Rapids and is within walking distance to many shops and restaurants. Many cultural attractions are within walking distance of the wedding venue, including the historic Clock Tower, Fox River Trail, and Les Paul Performance Center.

Follow CityFlats Hotel on

360º Virtual Tours 2 tours

28 Reviews for CityFlats Hotel

• Kylie

Kylie · Married on 09/18/2020

Truly a light during a dark, frustrating time!

I'm not even sure where to begin raving about my experience with CityFlatsHotel, but I suppose I should start at the beginning.

I reached out to the CityFlatsHotel team via WeddingWire in early autumn 2019 for pricing. We knew we wanted to do an off-season wedding to save money, and I was absolutely blown away by how reasonable both the on- and off-season pricing was at CityFlatsHotel. We made an appointment to go visit their venues, but after seeing pictures of the Ballroom I was almost immediately sold.

Long story short, we only toured one other venue. After walking through CityFlats' Ballroom, I was ready to sign the paperwork on the spot and couldn't have been more excited about hosting our reception there!

We planned to have our wedding the first Friday in November, and I was astounded by just how much was included with the relatively-small price-tag compared to any other venue I'd gotten pricing from. Seriously, I don't think I found another venue as beautiful as this one whose price-tag included floor-length linens, Chiavari chairs, charger plates, and an absurd amount more as part of the already-inexpensive room rental cost!

From there on communication was excellent. Fast responses to my emailed questions, a team eager and happy to hop on a call if I ever needed it, and this overwhelming sense of peace that no matter what happened, they'd be willing to help us out to the best of their ability. And as we all know, something rather big happened in March 2020.

I didn't anticipate a worldwide event to sweep through all our wedding plans like a hurricane, but even when it did the CityFlats team remained supportive, informational, helpful and incredibly kind to us.

We originally scheduled our wedding for November 2020, but at the end of July/beginning of August 2020 my then-fiance and I sat down and decided that we needed to 1) move our wedding date up, 2) reduce our guest list, and 3) move the whole shindig outside, which (due to their location downtown) CityFlats was unfortunately unable to accommodate.

One might think that our journey with CityFlats would have stopped there, riddled with bitter feelings and lost deposits, but let me assure you that it didn't. I reached out to our coordinator, Katarina, about our options. Unsurprisingly, she was incredibly accommodating, and we came to the consensus that we'd use the money we'd put down on the room rental towards catered food for our newly-outdoor reception.

This was another area their team went above and beyond, completely exceeding all of my expectations. Our reception was held in Holland instead of Grand Rapids, and we were worried about how the (INCREDIBLY delicious) food would hold up during the nearly-hour-long drive. Their chef, Chris, came back and said they could prepare the food at their parent company's downtown Holland location, Sperry's, which was only 15 minutes away from our new reception venue, as well as deliver the food themselves.

We were completely blown away by how kind, generous and understanding the team was throughout the entire rest of the process. I wasn't there at the beginning of the reception, but from what I've heard from our coordinators and guests, things went completely smoothly and their team was absolutely wonderful.

The food itself was FANTASTIC (we can highly recommend the boursin/spinach-stuffed chicken and the stuffed mushroom caps!), and the vegetarian option ended up being the highlight of everyone's meals! I wish we'd gotten more, honestly, even though we did them a la carte!

Everyone absolutely loved the dinner options, we had more than enough food for our guests, and the overall experience with the CityFlats team was positively impeccable. I'm already eager for COVID to pass so that we can host a different special event in their stunning Ballroom with their fantastic service and delectable food.

Sent on 09/20/2020
  • Lauren

Lauren Esser · Married on 01/07/2020

Perfect Wedding Venue

We absolutely loved working with City Flats Hotel. The staff went above and beyond the call of duty and were amazing to work with. As for the Ballroom, we received countless compliments from our guests on how beautiful it was. I highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 11/11/2019

Award

CityFlats Hotel Pricing

CityFlats Hotel Price Rates

CityFlats Hotel FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?
    $ 2500.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?
    $ 1500.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?
    $ 1000.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?
    $ 1000.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
    Bridal Suite
    Lighting/Sound
    Linens
    Set Up
    Tables
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?
    Cake Cutting
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service?
    $ 13.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?
    House Wine
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
  • Describe your venue:
    Ballroom
    Banquet Hall
    Historic Building
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Bridal Shower
    Engagement Party
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What event services do you offer?
    Accommodations
    Bar Services
    Catering Services
    Event Planner
    Get Ready Rooms
    Lighting / Sound
    Outside Vendors
    Wifi
  • What catering services do you offer?
    Buffet
    Plated
    Server(s)
    Stations
    Tastings
  • What bar services do you provide?
    Bartender(s)
    Open Bar
    Premium Liquor
    Signature Drink
    Specialty Beer
  • What event items are available?
    Audio Equipment
    Chairs
    Dance Floor
    Furniture
    Lighting
    Tables
  • What food and beverage items are available?
    Barware
    China
    Flatware
    Glassware
    Linens
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Wheelchair Access
  • What months are included in your peak season?
    April
    May
    June
    July
    August
    September
    October
    November
  • What months are included in your off-peak season?
    January
    February
    March
    December

Real Weddings

• Tifani Lyn Photography Wedding Photographers

CityFlats Hotel is one of the classiest venues in Grand Rapids. The staff is always so great to work with. I've love photographing weddings at CityFlats over the years!

• Perfect Reception Mobile DJ Service Wedding DJs

The Ballroom at City Flats is flat-out one of the most elegant and unique venues in West Michigan. For example, the ceiling is something like 30 feet high! There's all kinds of cool lighting that change the vibe of the room. The gorgeous staircase is like the Titanic's, and there's so much more. The staff run a tight ship which assures everything goes smoothly. I have DJ'd and attended many functions at the Ballroom at City Flats, and highly recommend it.

• 83 Monroe Center St NW Grand Rapids, MI, 49503 See on map
    616-426-6515 (Phone number)
    Location of (CityFlats Hotel)