Chris Malpass Photography

Engagement
Shoot included

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Chris Malpass Photography

Hey I'm Chris, a passionate photographer and enthusiastic story teller. I love capturing your wedding day story and sharing a unique perspective of such a special occasion. I blend my experience with fashion photography, photojournalism, and portraiture to produce a visually stunning and highly personalized experience that you'll love for a lifetime. I look forward being part of your story!

Contact me to learn more or if you have any questions: 757-349-6243 or chris@chrismalpassphoto.com

Categories: Wedding Photographer

Albums (1)
Digital Files (1)
Prints (1)

2.2

First I want to say that yes, Chris is a very nice person and was friendly to communicate with. He was flexible and courteous. But that being said, I was very disappointed with the quality of photos I received on my wedding day. There were important shots that a professional photographer SHOULD have taken on someone's wedding day. For example:
1) The bride with their mother while getting ready. There was only one shot of me and my mother together and we're not even looking at the camera...
2) There was no retouching done whatsoever. The majority of photos lacked quality and no it was NOT a lighting issue. My videographer was able to snap some shots and they had no issues with getting clear, lit photos at the reception and on the beach that day so I don't understand why the pictures Chris gave me were unfocused and dim. Also, you can see blemishes on upclose (getting ready) shots on my husband's (the grooms) face. For the amount of money spent, the photographer should have cleaned up and edited small touch ups like that. It would have taken him all of a few minutes.
3) Why would you give me a picture of a FLY on a food plate? Are you kidding me? Our cocktail hour was outdoors and the only picture taken of the cheese display you sent had a fly on it! Come on, really? That just lacks any professionalism.

As I stated above, Chris Malpass was nice, friendly to work with, but I'm simply being honest about my experience. You only have one wedding day and person to capture those moments. For what I spent, I could have done without hiring a photographer because other people who had cameras at my wedding that day took clearer, brighter pictures than he did.

Profile Picture Krisitn, 9/12/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Chris was great from the start! He provided excellent service and took the most amazing photos! He did our engagement pictures as well as our wedding day pictures and they left us breathless. At first we thought it would be awkward to have a camera in our face non stop, but with Chris, it seemed so natural. His sense of humor and witty jokes kept a smile on our faces! He captured our story perfectly. We couldn't have asked for a better photographer. We now have the most amazing pictures that captured every aspect of the most amazing day of our lives!!!

Profile Picture User3752841, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Albums, Digital Files, Prints

We couldn't have asked for a better wedding photographer than Chris. From the moment I spoke to him on the phone, to our engagement photos and up until our wedding day he was so amazing to work with. Chris has the ability to fit in and you quickly realize he has never met a stranger. His personality shines and he projects composer in every situation. He makes everyone around him feel at ease. He even went above and beyond normal photographer duties and became an integral part of our day. Our dogs even fell in love with him :) We received our pictures this past week from our wedding and are thrilled with the memories he has left with us forever! I would strongly recommend Chris to anyone that is looking for a qualified compassionate photographer!

Profile Picture Angel, 12/31/14, 4 Reviews

220x220 sq 1352398119567 414147463678890342927376151377o
220x220 sq 1352398124158 5412774720409728400521879212300n

1 VIDEO

3 ENDORSEMENTS
Chris is great to work with and like a ninja getting those great shots without even knowing that he's there. He's fun to be around too so that picture taking isn't to painful. I love working with him and suggesting him to my couples. I'm proud to endorse Chris Malpass for your photog needs. Much love, Pastor Cory <><

Chris is an incredibly talented photographer and has a special gift in communicating and understanding with clients on all levels. ~ Teressa Rerras Photography

Chris is a youthful, fun and personable photographer and it shows in his work. His client shine and we love working with him for any kind of event!

Newport News, VA 23601   See On Map