Chickadee Events

Newport News, Newport News, VA 23608 Map · Phone number
Package Price $2,800
Availability Check your date

About Chickadee Events

Chickadee Events is a creative wedding and event planning company located in Newport News, Virginia that serves couples all over the Hampton Roads area. Their goal is to bring your unique vision to life. They’re dedicated to working hard to create a celebration that is elegant, timeless and thoughtful. Chickadee Events looks forward to getting to know you, your love story and your ideas for your big day.

Experience
This full-service wedding planning company is owned by Kelsey, who is skilled at planning both laid-back gatherings, as well as formal affairs. She has close to 10 years of experience in the event planning industry, and prides herself on being proactive, organized and detail oriented. She’s a certified wedding planner through The Bridal Society, and is constantly researching the bridal industry and learning the latest trends. Kelsey opened Chickadee Events in 2015, after planning her own wedding the year before.

Kelsey offers couples multiple packages to choose from, which include Full Planning, Moderate Planning, Partial Planning, Minimal Planning, Month-Of Coordination and Consultation Planning. She has experience with both intimate weddings, as well as lavish celebrations. Kelsey likes to learn her client’s communication style, in order for them to feel relaxed and stress-free on their special day. Her services include, but are not limited to:

• Complimentary consultation

24 Reviews for Chickadee Events

• Taylor

Taylor Malinowski · Married on 01/05/2019

The absolute best!

Kelsey was absolutely amazing. My wedding day was an absolute dream and I couldn’t have done it without her. I was able to just relax and enjoy my day without worrying about a thing. I would absolutely reccomend her to all brides. She’s so easy to talk to, and I really did feel like she cared about my wedding as much as I did. If you are on the fence about hiring a coordinator, do it! And chose Kelsey!

Sent on 01/14/2019

Chickadee Events's reply:

Thank you so much for the opportunity to work with you, Taylor! I am so glad that you enjoyed your day and were able to fully relax and have fun. Your wedding was beautiful and so much fun! Congratulations to you and Matt!!

Mary Catherine McGinn · Married on 10/27/2018

Outstanding organization and wedding planning

I can't say enough good things about Kelsey! I loved working with her as my month-of wedding coordinator. Her attention to detail and organization were amazing. She provided me with great resources for vendors, and she was an excellent sounding board for wedding advice. I knew that she would make sure everything ran smoothly on my wedding day. I felt that she went above and beyond throughout our wedding planning process, and I am so thankful that I had her coordinating my wedding. All of my wedding party also thought she did an excellent job! It was an absolute pleasure working with Kelsey, and I would highly recommend her to any bride looking for a wedding planner!

Sent on 11/01/2018

Chickadee Events's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! I am so thrilled to know that you were able to have everything you wanted to for your wedding and to watch it all come together. I was truly honored to be able to witness your love for Brad, and your love for your families both at the wedding but also through the planning process. I wish you both the best in all of your future endeavors!

Hannah · Married on 06/30/2018

Kelsey and her team were the absolute best part of our wedding. We hired Kelsey for her month-of coordinator package and honestly she is the best money I have ever spent. From start to finish, Kelsey was a constant source of support, good ideas, and truly brought my vision to life. My husband and I still talk about how perfect our wedding day was and that is 100% because of Chickadee Events. I literally was stress-free because every single detail was handled by Kelsey and her team. I cannot recommend her highly enough!!!

Sent on 08/06/2018

Chickadee Events's reply:

I had such a wonderful time working with you and discussing, and planning, all the little details about your day, and am so glad you and Alex were able to have the big wedding you wanted to celebrate your elopement! It was truly a perfect day - thank you for trusting me to bring your vision to life!

Chickadee Events FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination? $ 1,300.00
  • What is the starting price for partial wedding planning? $ 2,800.00
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning? $ 4,500.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate? Yes
  • What is the hourly rate? $ 100.00
  • What weddings do you have experience planning? Destination, Double Weddings, Religious
  • How many planners are on your team? 1