About Chateau des Buis
Welcome to Château des Buis...
It is every girl's dream to marry their prince in a historic, romantic castle with sweeping views.
Château des Buis is a substantial 13th century property that has had only 2 owners throughout its 800-year history - the present custodians having lived at the Château for over 350 years. The 'Château des Buis' derives its name from the type of box hedging that can be seen around the formal gardens and is typical of borders used in both French and Italian (Italianate) garden designs in many Châteaus and Palaces - including Versailles.
The Château's main function has been as a family home. However, from April to October 2013, 'Les Chatelains' (owners) permitted a limited number of Exclusive Weddings & Vow Renewals to take place on the property.
Whilst the rooms occupied by owners will remain private, this accounts only for 30% of the space available. The remainder of the property and grounds will be offered for the exclusive hire to bridal couples who wish to exchange their vows in this truly magnificent venue.
As part of this unique and exclusive experience, your host, 'le Chatelain', will provide a guided tour during the day to explain the history of the Château and guide you around some of its most historically-important features - including the hand-painted fresco from the Renaissance period and the 'Salle des Fresques'.
To ensure the best possible experience for you on your Wedding Day, our package includes the full time services of our own Wedding Planner and Professional Photographers (both of whom have extensive experience organising and photographing destination weddings across Italy & France).
We can cater for up to 200 people including the Bride & Groom and have kept the pricing as simple as possible.
The rental price for 'Chateau des Buis' includes the following:
- Exclusive use of the Château, excluding rooms currently occupied by the owners
- Complimentary Bridal Suite comprising: Bridal Suite for the wedding night, Bridal Preparation Suite & En-suite Bathroom
- Formal Gardens - for outdoor ceremony, reception dinner, aperitif
- Courtyard - for reception drinks/aperitif
- Orangery - for indoor ceremony, reception dinner & evening dance
- Stables - for external caterers
- Terrace - for outdoor reception & aperitif
- Swimming Pool Terrace - for outdoor aperitif
- Vintage Alfa Romeo Spyder Car (in white) for Bridal photographs in the courtyard
- Guided historical tour hosted by 'les Chatelains' - to include The Grange, Salle des Fresques & hand-painted Coach Entrance
- Celebrant - to officiate the wedding ceremony
Categories: Wedding Venue