PO Box 204, Folly Beach, SC 29439 Map · Phone number

About Charleston Coastal Events

Simple, intimate weddings for the modern couple: On the Beach, On the Farm and in the City. I'm Kate, founder of Charleston Coastal Events and I'm crazy about love. My team and I will help you create a meaningful, uncomplicated and sensibly priced wedding ceremony in one of the most beautiful destinations in the world, Charleston, SC.

beach bride
img5571
img1820

2 Reviews for Charleston Coastal Events

Lauren · Married on 05/29/2016

I seriously cannot say enough about Kate and her team. We had a big wedding (140 guests) at Lowndes Grove Plantation and it went off without a hitch. I hired Kate for full planning services and it made my wedding a dream. If you want your wedding to be beautiful and to not have all the stresses that come along with with it, do yourself a favor and contact Kate. I promise it'll be the best money spent! Thank you again Kate!

Sent on 05/31/2016

Emily · Married on 09/12/2015

Kate did a phenomenal job! My husband and I were married Sept 12th, 2015 at the Tides on Folly Beach, SC. I did not originally plan on having a wedding coordinator because I thought I could do it on my own. We were planning on having a very low key, small (~60 guests) beach ceremony with minimal decorations. I purchased all my own decorations (lanterns, candles, sea shells, etc) that would be used in both the ceremony and reception. However, as the wedding date came nearer and RSVPs continued to trickle in, I knew our low key beach ceremony was going to be more than I could handle on my own. It was about a month before the ceremony when I contacted Kate who my wedding officiant, Hope Johnson at the Tides highly recommended. We did not have a lot of lead way in our budget, but I also knew we would not be requiring all the services a wedding planner offers since I had done much of it on my own. Kate was a dream come true! She responded immediately to our inquiries and worked closely with me to adjust a contract to fit all our needs and within our budget! We decided her day-of-coordination services would suffice (4pm-9pm). A few days before the wedding, she contacted me to see if I needed anything. I expressed to her my concerns for the rehearsal (the venue did not coordinate rehearsals), and she offered to come help run our walk through the evening before! She went above and beyond to ensure our day went smoothly. To think I could have done this on my own was very ignorant of me. Kate is priceless! Thank you so much!!!

Sent on 09/21/2015