Engagement
Shoot included

About Cest La Vie Photography

Wedding photography that captures every moment...

Bride Interview with Cest La Vie Wedding Photography

Please take a moment to read this before hiring
Cest La Vie Photography

“How long have you been photographing weddings?”

I don’t remember not having a camera.  Photography is my passion!   When I was nine, I entered a photo competition in the local newspaper.  When I won second place, I was hooked! I became the yearbook photographer at my Junior High School and High School. I even took photography at Clemson and graduated in 1994.

“We love your photography and your portfolio.  Everything sounds fantastic…So can you tell me what sets you apart from the other wedding photographers out there?”

When I got married, I had a terrible experience with the photographer we hired.  I had a beautiful new wife, a wonderful ceremony, and a nasty and rude photographer.  The horrible experience I had with my photographer drives me to be the best, most flexible photographer you could ever want to take care of your most important day.  I attend and photograph every wedding.  I even try to come to your rehearsal!  I take care in photographing your event seamlessly so you can enjoy your day knowing you will receive professional care and attention.  I want to ensure that every client is satisfied with their portraits and that they are beautifully packaged to be cherished for years to come.  I grew up with two older sisters and now live in a house filled with ladies.  I’d like to think that I am very in touch with the bride’s needs and wants.  Because of this, I feel I can connect and know what you need right when you need it.  Anticipating your needs before you even ask is what we do!

“This all sounds so wonderful!  It also seems expensive.  Are we going to be able to afford this?”

We take our time at your complimentary consultation making sure we craft a photography package that is customized to fit your needs and wants.

After the cake has been cut and the guests have all gone back home, all that will remain of your wedding are your memories. When you are looking at your wedding expenses, consider photography as an investment; not just for the one day, but for memories that will last forever.

With that being said, I have many package options available that will fit almost any wedding budget, ranging from mid-range to high-end weddings. My rates are very on par with the majority of other experienced and reputable wedding photographers in the area.

“Who do you work best with?”

We work wonderfully with many of the top vendors in the upstate.  We love working with Unforgettable Wedding Videography and Jumping Jukebox among many others.

“Will you have a second shooter?”

Always!  My second shooter and I have been working together for years and can anticipate each other perfectly.  With just a look, we can communicate and get the shots we need.  We also wear radios so we can talk and never miss a moment!  She is my partner and friend.  Honestly I don’t think of her as the second shooter.  She is a second first photographer and can take the lead any time at any wedding!

“Do you have backup equipment?”

Yes, always. Each photographer will have extra professional camera bodies and multiple professional lenses and flash units. We bring spare everything from memory cards to batteries. There should never be any concern about equipment failure at a shoot.

“Will you work well with the other vendors?”

Absolutely! The wedding industry is somewhat of a small community, and chances are that I have worked with your wedding vendor in the past, or know someone who has. I can also assist you with recommendations on vendors you are still considering or haven’t found yet.

“Do you accept credit cards? “

Yes, I accept check, cash, or credit card and I do offer payment plans. My only requirement is a 25% retainer due upon signing the contract, and the remaining balance due one month prior to the wedding date. Any other details that may be specific to your needs can be worked out in the contract beforehand.

“Do you have liability insurance?”

Yes, many venues require wedding vendors to carry liability insurance, so this is good to ask of all the vendors you are considering. My coverage is obtained through the Professional Photographers of America.

“Do you take more than one wedding per day?”

No, never. My goal is always to give my bride and groom a very personalized experience where I can be completely present with them from start to finish. I’ve found that the way for me to best accomplish this is to never book myself with back-to-back weddings. Often times, I like to make an appearance at the rehearsal the day before the wedding to meet all of the key people and start building a relationship with them right away so they feel comfortable in front of me and the camera during the wedding. I also like to use that time to get inspiration and scout out great places for photos, especially if I haven’t shot at that particular venue before.

“May we contact some of your former clients to see what it is like to work with you?”

Yes, of course. I have contact information available upon request, and you can also take a look at my client testimonial page right now.

“When can we expect to see our images?”

I strive to have all of your images ready to be viewed in your online gallery within 2 – 3 weeks of the wedding.

“This sounds like everything we’ve been looking for, but we have a few more questions before getting started. What should we do next?”

The next step is for you to call me at 864-334-6160 or email me at info@cest-la-vie-photography.com to set up your complimentary Get Acquainted consultation. I require all of my clients to schedule a consultation so that I can get all of your questions answered and make sure that we are a great fit for one another. It is really important for me to get to know you better as well as learn more about your needs so we can determine which package best fits your personality, style, and budget.