Nearby Vendors to Consider

About ceremonies from the heart

Dr. Thayer is a creative wedding professional who can assist you in creating the perfect ceremony

Dr. Thayer has been an ordained non-denominational minister since 1985.  She has officiated at wedding ceremonies in San Diego Ca. since that time and has been referred  by most of the major hotels and resorts in the city including the historic Hotel Del Coronado. In 2004 Dr. Thayer moved to Pocono Lake Pa. and has now brought her expertise to wedding ceremonies in the Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York areas.

Dr. Thayer will help you create a unique and personal wedding ceremony that reflects your beliefs and expresses the essence and hopes of your union. Whether the words you choose are religious, spiritual or civil in nature they are the words that you speak to each other and to all of the people who mean so much to you both so it is important that they reflect your thoughts.

Consultation- Dr. Catherine Thayer meets with the bride and groom in person, via telephone, or through the internet prior to the ceremony.  If you desire, communication and prenuptial counseling is available.  These sessions teach you techniques for effective communication and touch on other relevant issues necessary for living a rewarding and fulfilling married life.
You can read more about Ceremonies From The Heart at Ceremoniesfromtheheart.com

Categories: Wedding Officiant

Regions serviced: Lancaster

4 Reviews for ceremonies from the heart

Single Religion (1)
Customized Vows (1)
Licensed (1)
No Denomination (1)

Catherine gave us a wedding script template to edit and that was very helpful in our customization of our elopement ceromony. She was flexible and came early to walk through the formalities with us and did a great job being personal during the presentation that was photographed, videographed and streamed via FacebookLive.

Profile Picture Christina, 1/14/18, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Single Religion, Customized Vows, Licensed, No Denomination

My husband and I come from pretty religious families even have a few pastors and nuns in our families. So when we planned our outdoor wedding everyone was a bit shocked that there wasn't going to be a church wedding. I searched for a while for an officiant and no one was really suiting our needs. I was talking to a coworker about my struggle and she mentioned that a mutual coworker had been her officiant. I have always really respected Catherine just had never known she was an officiant. I approached her about possibly doing our wedding and she was delighted. She gave us so many options to chose from for our service that we were really able to make it our own. We were able to honor our religious upbringings without the four walls of a church. Catherine had quite a few personal items going on the day of our wedding (things that I would have stopped me from preforming my job for sure) but she still drove over 2.5 hours to be there for our service. The ceremony was absolutely perfect, everyone commented on how lovely and meaningful it was, including everyone of the pastors in attendance. Thank you Catherine for making our day so special!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 6/2/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Rev. Dr. Thayer was great - she provided us with a great outline for our ceremony. We were able to add exactly what we wanted and it turned out beautiful. We received so many compliments on the ceremony!

Profile Picture User1200216, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews

Ceremony Rehearsals Pricing
Starting Price
$100.00
Pre-Marital Counseling Pricing
Starting Price (Per Session)
$75.00

4 Photos

Events

HC 87 Box 205, Pocono Lake, PA 18347   See On Map
570-972-0893 (phone)
Dr. Thayer will return calls and emails daily including weekends.Please feel free to call with any questions you might have.