Cello by Triana

Cello by Triana

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Cello by Triana

An award-winning cellist based in Southern California, Triana’s passion for music is unsurpassed. Her crowd pleasing repertoire includes classical favorites, romantic lullabies, Spanish dances and modern arrangements.

With over 20 years of experience performing, teaching and recording on the cello, Triana will make your special event, wedding, or gathering one to remember!

Greetings!

Thank you so much for taking the time you consider me for your special event. I am a very professional person to work with and am extremely timely with questions via email or phone. I will do everything to make sure that your special day goes perfectly!

After we confirm the date and time of your wedding, I will send you a list of songs to choose from for the processional, recessional and any other special moments you may have. I have all of the classic weddings songs in my repertoire and many more for you to choose from.

Prelude
I often play for the prelude while guests are getting seated so that they have something enjoyable to listen to while they are waiting for the bride and groom. I pick songs from my vast collection of music that suit the mood of the crowd but you are welcome to send me requests.

Processional
For large wedding parties (typically more than 5 couples), you can pick out a special song for them and a separate one for the bride to walk down the aisle to. If you have a small bridal party, one song is usually appropriate. Slow songs are great as they remind the bride to walk very elegantly so that everyone can bask in her beauty!

Recessional
Recessional songs are played right as the officiant introduces the new happy couple to the audience. There is always a lot of clapping and it is wonderful to have a joyous, moving song to walk back down the aisle to and into your new life together!

Reception
Classical music is a great choice for a relaxed and classy reception or cocktail hour. It’s a nice sequeway while people are relaxing before the DJ takes over to start a festive night of dancing.

Special Requests

Have a favorite rock, pop, soul, R&B, piano song (etc.!) that you would just love to walk down the aisle to? I can make a custom cello arrangement for you and either play solo or with the recording for your big day. I can take most special requests with at least 30 days notice and a $200 fee that covers my time to compose, learn and record your favorite song. I will make a recording of the piece and send it to you before your big day so that you can listen and enjoy it. Some artists I have covered for the processional and recessional are Pearl Jam, Katy Perry, Yiruma, Lana del Rey and the Pixies to name a few.

Contact me today and we’ll make it happen!

Additional Booking Notes

I have a very simple setup and only request that you place a regular sized chair without arms where you would like me to be seated.

I usually play acoustic unless you request otherwise. The cello is a very loud instrument and has a beautiful natural sound that is dark and rich. It carries well outside and sounds absolutely gorgeous in acoustically tailored buildings like churches and synagogues.

Categories: Wedding Musician

Regions serviced: Los Angeles

14 Reviews for Cello by Triana

Instrumental-Solo (1)
Cello (1)
Ceremony (1)

When you look into vendors you always hope they will be responsive, respectful, self-sufficient and just plain talented. Triana was just that! She was easy to work with and overall made the ceremony so much more romantic. I would highly recommend her for any event and will continue to hire her for future events.

Profile Picture User6804377, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Instrumental-Solo, Ceremony, Cello

Our wedding turned out to be all we could have hoped for and Triana and her beautiful playing was an integral piece of the puzzle. Not only was her playing beautiful but she was amazingly professional, accommodating and patient with our pre wedding jitters. Her playing set the tone for the day. We repeatedly heard from our guests how lovely and amazing the cellist made the event. Hire and Triana and rest easy. :)

Profile Picture Garrick , 9/19/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

We had Triana play the cello during the wedding ceremony time. Although I have absolutely no memory of this because I was totally nervous and overwhelmed, I had several people say how beautiful the music was. In planning for this time, Triana was super easy to work with and responsive. She provided exactly what we asked for and was well worth the price. I highly recommend using her!!

Profile Picture Leslee, 8/9/14, 8 Reviews