Minden, Minden, NV 89423 Map · Phone number · Visit website
Availability Check your date
  • Pricing
  • Events 3

About Celebrate the Day

Celebrate the Day is a wedding planning service located in the Reno, Tahoe, and Carson Valley area. When the creator and owner of Celebrate the Day planned her own daughter’s wedding, she hired a day-of coordinator. Beccause of this, she was able to enjoy her daughter's special day and be a part of the celebration without worring about organizing, managing, and directing guests and vendors. Celebrate the Day is here to make your wedding day run smoothly and let your guests be part of the wonderous day, not work it.

Celebrate the Day offers day-of coordination on your wedding day. Before your wedding you meet with them several times to create a timeline of events, review floor plans, look over vendor lists, and discuss floral and wedding decor. On the day of your wedding they:

• Set-up and arrange floral and wedding decor
  • Greet and organize vendors
  • Deliver flowers to wedding party and family members
  • Organize and direct wedding party lineup for the processional

At the reception they:

• Coordinate with djs, photographers, and other professionals for special dances, toasts, cake cutting, bouquet toss, etc.
  • Distribute final payments to vendors
  • Collect gifts, decor, and personal items
Follow Celebrate the Day on

6 Reviews for Celebrate the Day

1 User photo

Celebrate the Day 1

Miranda · Married on 08/09/2018

Read this review - your wedding depends on it! Janice is amazing.

I successfully got married to the love of my life on August 9th, 2018.

That is a huge accomplishment, considering all of the things that go into a wedding. There is so much planning, ordering, scheduling, meeting, setting up, stressing, worrying, wondering. This day could have very easily been a disaster. Kevin and I were living four hours away from the venue (we’re in San Francisco and the wedding was in South Lake Tahoe) so getting up there to cake taste, meet the DJ & photographer, see the venue, organize florals, taste the food- all of it- was such a hassle and being that I work a full time job, often got overlooked. My parents live in New Jersey , I didn’t have any Bridesmaids, and my Maid of Honor lives in Boston. Kevin and I were planning this wedding by ourselves on top of our every day lives which was a very hard thing to do.

And then Janice came along. (At first I didn’t have a same day coordinator in my budget, but found a way to make room after hearing literally every other past Bride say that their only regret was not having a same day coordinator- or that their best decision was making the choice to have one). I logged onto Wedding Wire and found Janice. She had raving reviews, knew the area well, was reasonably priced and I loved her bio. Her experience comes from her own daughters wedding. She was exactly what I was looking for.

I hired Janice to be a same day coordinator. I wanted her to help set everything up day of so that my mother, mother-in-law, brothers and friends didn’t have to do it. I wanted the stress to be gone on the day of. Janice went ABOVE and BEYOND. Literally. She was so much more than a same day coordinator- she started working right from the start. Kevin and I drove up to meet her and sign the contract… the next week she took a tour of the venue. A few weeks later she took the initiative to meet with the photographers (because I didn’t have the opportunity to… couldn’t get away from work) and put together the day of timeline (without my asking! She did this by her own initiative!). She met the DJ. She called me with details, helped to keep me on track the months and weeks leading up to the big day and was present for the rehearsal. Janice set up everything perfectly… when I walked downstairs before the wedding, it was exactly as I had pictured. The tents looked amazing… the decorations, embellishments, flowers and picture frames were all in place perfectly. Better than I had imagined. She not only decorated, but helped to put the flowers in their vases and do some of the nitty gritty. I gave her free reign with some decorations and she owned it. It was like a dream and it was such a relief that my Mom and Mother-in-Law didn’t have to do anything and could stay with me while I was getting ready. The weight of not having to worry about the event and not having to worry about the people around me while I was getting ready honestly was worth more to me than anything else there. Janice made sure the DJ arrived and got set up, she greeted the photographers and helped direct them where to go, she met with the events coordinator on site. Janice helped to make sure the first look went off without a hitch. She made sure the ceremony started on time. She made sure to hold on to my dog when I kept getting pulled in a million directions during the cocktail hour and reception. She got him water, sat with him in the corner and gave him attention. She helped clean up when it was all over. She was truly a family member to us that day, and still is in my opinion. What she gave Kevin and I on that day is bigger than any of the gifts we received and she is worth 10x more than she charges (which is a very fair price). If I did it all over again, she would be the first vendor I secure, because she truly makes anything possible.

I tell you now- if you are planning your wedding- you need a same day coordinator. I thought for the majority of this journey that I didn’t, but I did. I hired Janice maybe two months before the wedding took place. Even if you think it’s too late, even if you think you’ve got it covered, even if you think that your family and friends will help you, even if you think that you can be two places at once- it doesn’t matter. You need a same day coordinator. This is the ultimate way to not only make sure the wedding goes smoothly, but the ultimate way to treat yourself, your husband/wife and you friends/family. By hiring Janice, you are giving them the gift of relaxing and getting ready the morning of the wedding instead of running around like crazy and then being exhausted when it comes time to celebrate. You are giving them and yourself peace of mind. There is truly no greater gift.

I got married to the love of my life on August 9th, 2018 and it’s all because of Janice.

Thank you for everything you did, Janice. Thank you for everything you do. You have been adopted into our family eternally and I wish you all of the luck and happiness in the world.

Sent on 11/05/2018

Christine · Married on 07/19/2018

So worth it!!

Janice is honestly the best. She is so organized and so communicative and so easy to get along with. She is super laid back so keeps a brides nerves at bay. She did so much for us leading up to and on our day. She even brought us all of our wedding decorations the day after so we didn’t have to pack up our car during our event. Janice- thank you so much for all your hard work and for helping me get through my day with no stress! You were amazing and your husband was awesome too.

Sent on 02/18/2019

Celebrate the Day Pricing

Celebrate the Day Price Rates

Celebrate the Day FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination? $ 1,000.00
  • What is the starting price for partial wedding planning? $ 1,000.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate? No
  • What wedding planning services do you offer? Day-of Coordination, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists
  • What weddings do you have experience planning? Civil, Cultural, Destination, Non-Religious
  • How many planners are on your team? 1

• Aug Sat

Sonjia and John's Wedding

Aug 24, 2019 04:00 PM - 10:00 PM
      South Lake Tahoe, South Lake Tahoe, Reno

Sonjia and John's romantic wedding in the pines.

• Sep Sun

Megan & Jesse's Wedding

Sep 01, 2019 02:00 PM - 10:00 PM
      1450 NV-88, Minden, Reno

The much anticipated, fun-filled wedding of Megan & Jesse!

• Minden Minden, Nevada, 89423 See on map