355 Stratford Road, Brooklyn, NY 11238 Map · Phone number

About Carissa Templeton, NYC Officiant

I am a Brooklyn based NYC wedding officiant, and have been performing weddings for over 5 years. I love working with a couple to get to the heart of what you are hoping to present that day- to each other and your guests. A ceremony is important- to hold space in a way that is respectful, fun, unique- every ceremony is different.

People most often say my ceremonies are "so them" - the couple feels heard and attended to and the family recognizes that the ceremony was written exactly for them. I hear from a lot of my couples for years afterwards, and have had the opportunity to perform baby blessings on new additions!

The process of working with me is that you can decide to work with me after a phone call or a meeting. I often meet again with couples, and if you are a travelling couple I make every effort to meet you before your ceremony.

Good luck in the planning process! I am part of a collective of other great vendors, you can find them here: http://brooklynbetrothed.wordpress.com/

IMG1290
BRYANTCH201010093986
PO

19 Reviews for Carissa Templeton, NYC Officiant

Michael · Married on 02/17/2014

After getting engaged last June, the only thing we knew for certain was the wedding date. Due to unforeseen issues, however, we were suddenly without an officiant less than two weeks before our wedding. We found Carissa after sifting through dozens of other potential officiants and not unlike falling in love, we knew she was the right fit from the first moment.

We didn't have enough time to meet in person and communicated almost entirely through email after the initial phone call. She immediately sent us questionnaires to complete, which we filled out independently, and asked if she could email the eight guests participating in our very intimate wedding. We were impressed immediately by her receptiveness to our feedback and suggestions. As a same-sex couple who had debated the institution of marriage and the decision to marry altogether, we wanted the vows to strike just the right cord. We didn't want anything political in an obvious way, however we did want to incorporate elements like signing the marriage certificate, a powerful symbol in itself, into the ceremony. Carissa hit the tone perfectly!

To say the words that she composed were beautiful would be an insult to the magic of the proceedings. There wasn't a dry eye among the guests and the additional elements she included but kept partially a surprise to us so that we heard only during our actual vows were outstanding. As I held the hands of my now husband, surrounded by immediate family and close friends, we surrounded to the emotion and magnitude of the moment, and had a truly wonderful wedding experience. All our guests thought she did a superb job and we thanked for her making the wedding that we never were certain we wanted in the first place into a rite of passage that we couldn't imagine missing out on.

Thanks Carissa!
    Michael & Adrid - xoxo

Kirsty · Married on 09/08/2013

What can we say? Carissa was just amazing and such a fabulous find. We travelled to NYC ourselves and only booked our ceremony 5 days before the big day! Carissa was so easy to work with and although we never got the opportunity to meet in person before the ceremony, she did such a great job and making it personal and meanful to us. There wasn't a problem that Carissa couldn't solve including witnesses and photographers! Our day was just beautiful!

My fiancee and I hired Carissa to perform our recent ceremony. We were so impressed and pleased with her warmth, pleansantness and professionalism. She was also helpful in suggesting a place for us to tie the knot. We would both highly recommend Carissa to all those interested in working with a quality person.

Award

Carissa Templeton, NYC Officiant FAQ

• What religious affiliations do you serve? Agnostic, Anglican, Baha'i Faith, Baptist, Buddhist, Catholic, Episcopalian, Evangelical, Hindu, Islam, Jainism, Jewish, Lutheran, Methodist, Mormon, No Denomination, Orthodox Christian, Presbyterian, Quaker, Shinto, Sikhism, Taoist

• Dominique Bell Events
    Dominique Bell Events Wedding Planners

Carissa is everything you want an officiant to be--she listens, she cares and she brings such a sense of calm. I can't recommend her enough!

• The Upper Crust
    The Upper Crust Banquet Halls

Carissa brings wonderful heart and spirit to her craft. She is very in line with the levels of service and professionalism we consider important at The Upper Crust. I don't hesitate to send clients to her regularly.

• Illuminating Ceremonies/Christopher Shelley
    Illuminating Ceremonies/Christopher Shelley Wedding Officiants

Carissa is a warm, friendly, creative presence who sets the glow of any wedding she officiates.

• 355 Stratford Road Brooklyn, NY 11238 See on map