Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Carissa Templeton, NYC Officiant

Nothing is more important than loving your ceremony

I am a Brooklyn based NYC wedding officiant, and have been performing weddings for over 5 years. I love working with a couple to get to the heart of what you are hoping to present that day- to each other and your guests.  A ceremony is important- to hold space in a way that is respectful, fun, unique- every ceremony is different.

People most often say my ceremonies are "so them" - the couple feels heard and attended to and the family recognizes that the ceremony was written exactly for them.  I hear from a lot of my couples for years afterwards, and have had the opportunity to perform baby blessings on new additions!

The process of working with me is that you can decide to work with me after a phone call or a meeting. I often meet again with couples, and if you are a travelling couple I make every effort to meet you before your ceremony.

Good luck in the planning process!  I am part of a collective of other great vendors, you can find them here: http://brooklynbetrothed.wordpress.com/

Categories: Wedding Officiant

Regions serviced: New York City

19 Reviews for Carissa Templeton, NYC Officiant

We loved having Carissa as our officiant for our wedding. She was responsive, very understanding, and flexible. We met twice before our wedding, each time with her getting to know my husband and I better and better. She helped us craft an absolutely beautiful interfaith ceremony since my husband is Jewish and I am Catholic. She paid attention to our input and gave some really great suggestions. One of the things people commente don the most about our wedding was the unique, touching, and captivating ceremony for all our guests. And we received our marriage license in a timely fashion!

Profile Picture Chris, 6/22/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Carissa officiated our wedding at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden in April. She was excellent. She interviewed me and my husband, and got to know who we were, and how we wanted our ceremony to feel. Several of our guests came up to us later and said that was one of the nicest ceremonies they've seen, and had thought Carissa was our close friend because it felt like she knew us so well. My husband, being the last-minute type of guy he is, sent her back the questionnaire at 1am the night before the wedding. Carissa was no problems going with the flow. I would highly recommend.

Profile Picture Christina, 4/4/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

After getting engaged last June, the only thing we knew for certain was the wedding date. Due to unforeseen issues, however, we were suddenly without an officiant less than two weeks before our wedding. We found Carissa after sifting through dozens of other potential officiants and not unlike falling in love, we knew she was the right fit from the first moment.

We didn't have enough time to meet in person and communicated almost entirely through email after the initial phone call. She immediately sent us questionnaires to complete, which we filled out independently, and asked if she could email the eight guests participating in our very intimate wedding. We were impressed immediately by her receptiveness to our feedback and suggestions. As a same-sex couple who had debated the institution of marriage and the decision to marry altogether, we wanted the vows to strike just the right cord. We didn't want anything political in an obvious way, however we did want to incorporate elements like signing the marriage certificate, a powerful symbol in itself, into the ceremony. Carissa hit the tone perfectly!

To say the words that she composed were beautiful would be an insult to the magic of the proceedings. There wasn't a dry eye among the guests and the additional elements she included but kept partially a surprise to us so that we heard only during our actual vows were outstanding. As I held the hands of my now husband, surrounded by immediate family and close friends, we surrounded to the emotion and magnitude of the moment, and had a truly wonderful wedding experience. All our guests thought she did a superb job and we thanked for her making the wedding that we never were certain we wanted in the first place into a rite of passage that we couldn't imagine missing out on.

Thanks Carissa!

220x220 sq 1312945867312 img0621
220x220 sq 1312945880250 img1041
220x220 sq 1312945895578 img1290

4 ENDORSEMENTS
Carissa is everything you want an officiant to be--she listens, she cares and she brings such a sense of calm. I can't recommend her enough!

Carissa brings wonderful heart and spirit to her craft. She is very in line with the levels of service and professionalism we consider important at The Upper Crust. I don't hesitate to send clients to her regularly.

Carissa is a warm, friendly, creative presence who sets the glow of any wedding she officiates.

I love listening to Carissa talk about her clients. She talks about them with the utmost respect, care, and attention. Her attention to detail is amazing. She is honestly one of the smartest, most dedicated people I know, and I would recommend her to any couple seeking a fantastic officiant - for whatever kind of wedding they're seeking. Carissa is versatile. Most importantly, she loves what she does, and that comes across in every wedding she performs.

355 Stratford Road, Brooklyn, NY 11238   See On Map