19860 NW Pondosa Ct., Portland, OR 97229 Map · Phone number

About Capturing Grace Photography

Congratulations on your engagement. My name is Aubrie, I am the main photographer with Capturing Grace Photography. I studied photojournalism and graduated with a Bachelors degree from Ball State University. I freelanced for local newspapers in Indiana and continued my freelance career in Portland, Oregon. When I started to photograph weddings, I fell in love with it. I realized I was providing a couple with images, a documentary, of their most cherished day. I feel privileged that I get to be part of their first day of their new life together and that my photographs will be with them forever. I've been photographing weddings for seven years now.

RochelleKurt194
ce811f1d85bf48eb 1251306710321 SarahEddie225
Comb348

9 Reviews for Capturing Grace Photography

Jessica · Married on 06/28/2014

My husband and I spent a lot of time looking at several photographers websites. Ultimately we decided to go with Aubrie because of her very artistic eye and ability to capture the big events that happen on a wedding day as well as smaller more intimate "moments". She is very laid back and flexible which is great when you are in the middle of wedding planning and during the big day. She always includes an engagement shoot so she can learn how to photograph each couple since everyone's dynamic is unique. (This to me demonstrates how smart she is and how much she cares). We called her up when it snowed in Portland and she got really excited and agreed to do our shoot in the snow last minute! Our photos turned out wonderfully! We just received our Wedding photos from her and LOVE them!! She truly captured our entire day in such an elegant and artistic way! I am so happy we trusted her with this important responsibility and that we will always have such great photos to remember the happiest day of our life!!!

Sent on 07/27/2014

Dave · Married on 08/07/2010

Aubrey recently shot our wedding in early August. We have not seen our wedding photos yet but she did provide us with an engagement shoot and we loved the way those turned out. We really really enjoyed the engagement shoot for a couple of reasons: 1) we didn't have too many pics of the two of us together...and we definitely didn't have any professional photos done. 2) This gave us an opportunity to work with Aubrey before our big day. Having the engagment session not only allowed us to feel her out but it also gave Aubrey the opportunity to learn how to best interact with us...and that is NOT something you want to have to learn the day of the wedding!
    There are many great photographers around Portland that will do an outstanding job at a wedding...but I challenge their value and the comfort level you may have with them compared to Aubrey. Before choosing Aubrey, we did 'interview' a couple other photographers and they were sooooo stuffy and irritating that we quickly ended those interviews.
    Please understand that Aubrey is a professional photographer...yes, that means that she is extremely talented. The reason we were able to book her for around half the costs of the big "wedding photography specialists" is because she's relatively new to weddings. Weddings are not her only means to an income so she doesn't have to charge you an arm and a leg to shoot your wedding.
    Of all the vendors we used for our wedding I would say that Aubrey was the greatest find. She's extremely laid back (which is more important for your wedding day than you know) and she offers amazing value. We honestly would've paid quite a bit more for her than she was asking.
    Book her now before she decides to go strictly weddings.

Aubrey, thank you for a great day and for dealing with a difficult father-of-the-bride.

- Dave and Sable

Sent on 09/03/2010

Stephanie · Married on 07/03/2010

Aubrie, you were a pleasure to work with and I have recommended you to several brides with upcoming weddings. You were always smiling and happy and that spirit put us at ease.

Sent on 12/13/2010