West Olive, MI 49460 Map · Phone number

Camp Blodgett Retreat Center 4
Camp Blodgett Retreat Center 5
Camp Blodgett Retreat Center 6

April · Married on 07/21/2018

We had our wedding at Camp Blodgett and it was the absolute perfect location! We looked from St. Joe to Traverse City looking at venues and it was one of the few we could find that would work for us and our guests on Lake Michigan. It is right on Lake Michigan with inside dining facility with windows facing the Lake, a fireplace and a wrap around deck. Even with rain on and off through out the day, it was a gorgeous view. They also let you bring in your own vendors, which was a huge plus for us. I highly recommend having a tent if you can for the outside area just in case of weather. I know we would have not had a great outdoor space to have all night otherwise. Rick is wonderful to work with and answered questions about the venue, and was super responsive. We highly recommend this gorgeous location! Thank you so much for making our wedding day perfect!

Sent on 09/08/2018
    Camp Blodgett Retreat Center 7
    Camp Blodgett Retreat Center 8
    Camp Blodgett Retreat Center 9
    Camp Blodgett Retreat Center 10
    Camp Blodgett Retreat Center 11
    Camp Blodgett Retreat Center 12

Words can not describe how happy I was to find this one of a kind gem for our wedding day/weekend! I didn't find it on here but somehow I came across it when searching for West Michigan weddings. Bill and Phill who run this amazing camp are some of the greatest caring people on earth! I believe 80% of the venue rental cost go towards the kids camping for free including troubled and special needs kids. Once I found this out I knew this was the place for us. We wanted somewhere we could rent for a whole weekend since we have several friends/family around the country. We rented it for THREE DAYS! Not only is this venue just stunning on Lake Michigan it fit everything we were looking for. They have several rustic cabins with twin size bunk beds allowing all our friends to stay for the weekend 10$ a person (this is a huge $ savor for them since Grand Haven can be quite expensive) and eight nice hotel rooms inside the venue where we stayed and our parents/bestmen/matrons. We got to decorate any way we wanted as long as we didn't make holes. This is a rent the venue and you do everything else kinda place which is what I wanted. Another favorite part is that they aloud our dog Watson spend the whole weekend with us even for the ceremony/reception to roam free! I HIGHLY recommend setting up a tour to take a look at what they do and the 100s of beautiful acres they have. Wedding ideas are endless here and so many choices to choose where you want to walk down the isle. I hope to even become a camp councilor one day and give back for all the memories not only my husband and I made but our friends and family as well. A weekend of a lifetime!

Sent on 08/12/2015