Alhambra, CA 91803 Map · Phone number

About Cakes by the "Pound"

Cakes by the "Pound" is owned and operated by Mendy K. Pound and Gabriel Vidauri. Mendy has been creating Pastry all over the world. She studied overseas in Austria, Germany, and Switzerland. Cakes by the "Pound" has created many cakes for such clients as CBS and Disney. Our cakes have been featured in numerous web articles because of the uniqueness of them(http://www.retroblast.com/Latest/Drooling-Over-Atari-2600-Cake.php). So if your looking for a cake either one you have seen or better yet, one we can help you create give us a call. Your cake will receive both of our attention 110%

• Simply Irresistible
  • Two Chicks in the Mix
  • Patty's Cakes and Desserts
weddingsalon
CakeLogo
Cakes by the "Pound"
Hand Painted Talavera Wedding Cake-Cake was delivered to Calamigos Ranch in Malibu
IMG5455
Fondant Cake with sugar crystals and flowers
Fondant Cake with sugar crystals and flowers
This wedding cake was made for some Georgia Gator fans
This wedding cake was made for some Georgia Gator fans
This was made for a couple getting married at the Parker Palm Springs, cake is butter cream with...
This was made for a couple getting married in Las Vegas. It was a long delivery
IMG 4679
weddingsalon
CakeLogo
Cakes by the "Pound"

3 Reviews for Cakes by the "Pound"

• Lisa

Lisa · Married on 03/13/2011

I went tasting at several different places and was very disappointed. I was discouraged and did not think I would find a cake that tasted fantastic and would also be creative as well as beautiful. You have to make an appoinment to taste. This was much better than some of these very busy bakeries where they slap a few pieces of cake on a plastic plate and are rushing between clients. Everything was set up beautifully. We were offered hot, fresh coffee, there was bottled water and the samples of cake were amazing. The chocolate with Valhrona chocolate pearls was moist, rich but not overpowering and it just tasted great. The flavors popped. The red velvet with a cream cheese and white Valhrona chocolate filling was the best red velvet cake I have ever tasted. My favorite was the lemon/lavendar poppyseed with lemon curd. I was a little skeptical of lavendar but it adds just that subtle something that makes if a little different. Mendy took her time explaining that she prepares everything from scratch and we discussed designs. I have had trouble making up my mind about what my cake should look like. I wanted something a little different. This was a great experience and it made up for the other disappointing tastings I went to. I also found her prices to be very reasonable.

Sent on 03/29/2011

karyn · Married on 10/24/2009

I couldn't rave enough about this place!!! Our cake was beautiful and they bent over backwards to help us, even though we were a relatively small order. Thank you!

Sent on 12/03/2009

Cindy · Married on 02/27/2010

My fiancee and I tried four different fantastic bakeries in the Pasadena area, and narrowed it down to two. Two months before our wedding, I left on a trip to New Zealand and left my fiancee on wedding duty. He was supposed to decide on a bakery and cake design. I call him a week into my trip and find out to my dismay that he's researching yet another cake option --- Mendy, at Cakes by the Pound. At this point, we're six weeks from the wedding and I'm worried that there will be no wedding cake!

But the fiancee was right -- Mendy is a wonderful splurge! Her cakes taste absolutely delicious, and are better than the other bakeries we taste-tested (which were already awesome, so it tells you how yummy Mendy's cakes are). There are more choices for cakes flavors and fillings and they're just that much more delicious. And she's an amazing artist. She can make cake designs that you think are impossible. She did a great job with my fiancee's admittedly unique vision.

Sent on 03/02/2010

Cakes by the "Pound" FAQ

• What types of desserts do you provide?
    Croquembouche
    Groom's Cake
  • What services do you provide?
    Consultations
    Delivery
    Setup
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate?
    Lactose Free
  • What special ingredients do you use?
    Organic
  • Are you licensed by the state health department?

• Splash DJ
    Splash DJ Wedding DJs

Absolute pleasure to work with!

• The Invitation Spot
    The Invitation Spot Wedding Invitations

OMG!!! What an amazing cake...All of my friends loved it!

• The Ebell of Los Angeles
    The Ebell of Los Angeles Historic Weddings

Yum. I could sum this endorsement with that one word. But why stop there when I can also tell you how delightful Mindy is to work with, how creative her designs can be, and how fabulous she - her upbeat demeanor is contagious: you know she loves what she does, and you know that she loves just as much the joy it brings you, the bride and groom, that your wedding cake be ubber delicious and fantastic!! Hooray for Cakes by the "Pound"!!

• Alhambra, 91803 See on map