Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Cakes by Carolyn

Cakes by Carolyn has been in business serving the Northern Virginia, D.C. and Maryland areas since 1976.  All cakes are customed designed and great pride is taken in the detailed handiwork and elegant craftsmanship of each cake.  Your wedding cake  will be a beautiful and memorable part of your wedding day.  I am licensed, insured and also  inspected by the Department of Agriculture.

Categories: Wedding Cake

Regions serviced: Washington DC

89 Reviews for Cakes by Carolyn

4.7

Words can't express how wonderful this vendor was for my daughter's wedding. I spoke to Bonnie to set everything up in the beginning. We are from out of town and found Cakes by Carolyn online. Once speaking to Bonnie, I was sure this was the right place to order my daughter's wedding cake. Her professionalism, kindness, and attentiveness to detail was amazing. She worked with both my daughter and myself to make every detail was correct. Neve meeting anyone from this vendor, I will admit was a bit scary being from out of town. However, on the wedding day as we entered the reception we seen how blessed we were to have been guided to Bonnie and Cakes by Carolyn. The wedding cake was gorgeous. So simple as we wanted but so very elegant. Everyone just loved it and was amazed how delicious it was as well. Certainl by all means this is the place you would want to take care of your daughter's wedding cake making her dreams come true! Thank you Bonnie and staff!

Profile Picture Cheryl, 4/11/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Working with Carolyn was like working with a family friend. Our appointment with her was my husband's favorite... cake samples, need I say more? Carolyn gave us multiple options to choose from and they were all delicious. We had an idea of what we wanted, but she had multiple cake ideas (models and photos) that would have helped us decide. As I said, she's like working with a family friend, which means she bakes cakes because she loves weddings, meeting brides/grooms/families and seeing the wedding pictures... she just happens to have a business as a result. Thank you, Carolyn, for making us the exact cake we wanted... we thought of you as we cut into it and it tasted amazing!

Profile Picture Karli, 11/23/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Carolyn was fantastic! Her cakes were absolutely beautiful and she really hit the nail on the head with little direction from us. She did both our groom's cake and our wedding cake and both were fantastic! She is a little busy so it can be hard to get in contact with her at times, but she does always respond.

Profile Picture Carey, 10/19/13, 8 Reviews

220x220 sq 1265909164927 image022
220x220 sq 1265909603458 dscn0797
220x220 sq 1265909685646 dscn1536

6 ENDORSEMENTS
Carolyn's Cakes are beautifully designed and taste great!

I used Cakes by Carolyn for my wedding and she was great. Professionally she is great as well.

Carolyn makes wonderful cakes that are always beautifully decorated. She always shows up in plenty of time before the reception starts to setup the cake. I have had the pleasure tasting her cakes on several occasions at International Country Club and they are delicious. She is a pleasure to work with and everyone that I have referred to her has been really satisfied with the beautiful cake she has created for their reception.

Carolyn has been pleasing Birkby House Brides for years. Could it be the delicious cakes? The beautiful designs? Her winning personality? I think we agree, it is all three.

When it came to the cake for my daughter's wedding and believe me after being in the business twenty five years I know them all, I chose the best of the best "Cakes by Carolyn"! Dynamite chocolate too!

Centreville, VA 20120   See On Map