Glen Ellyn, IL 60137 Map · Phone number
Availability Check your date

About Bride Aid

See reviews on facebook and Knot.com!

Bride Aid offers a free phone or e-mail consultation to every bride. Please contact me for free at www.brideaidchicago.com Limit ½ hour per call per Bride or maximum 3,500 character response e-mail

What does Bride Aid do? As a planning service specializing in weddings, our services vary depending on the type of wedding as well as the bride and groom's needs. All of our services can be offered as a package, or at an hourly rate. This way couples can choose services from Bride Aid that are the most time and cost effective.

Venue selection and contract review:

Most weddings I work with have made commitments with venues between 25,000 and 60,000 dollars. The most practical thing to do when making such a large commitment is to hire a specialist to help you review documents, negotiate terms (if applicable) check for accuracy and help foresee conflict.

Example: a couple is planning a theme wedding and is considering an event designer as well as a live performance.

Bride Aid makes sure the event designer's space and time requirements can be met. Bride Aid also inspects that the venue can still function within their operational codes as well as have access to kitchens, outlets, storage and exits. Bride Aid consults with performers and outside vendors to make sure their needs such as dressing rooms, AV, staging and set up are able to be accommodated.

This service is offered due to the importance of having a third party be able to make sure that what you desire for your big day can be accomplished before any large financial commitments are made. The cost of our consultation is low, usually between $200 and $350 for said service. The overall financial saving for having a consultation can be thousands of dollars. Between negotiating services and reviewing contract terms, having a consultation can mean money saved in overall costs.

Bride Aid gives options, not just opinions:

I do not work with any other vendors as Bride Aid is a completely independent operation. However, I am always asked for referrals that I am happy to give. When giving referrals, I will give multiple options as well as any background information I can. I do not accept money or discounts from any vendors, nor will I partner with any other businesses. My goal is to help you find what is best for you by offering choices and alternatives.

Example: A bride asks about DJs and calligraphers.

DJs are a dime a dozen in Chicagoland, however the variety of styles and services each DJ offers are more unique in this area. Do you want Greek, Latin or Stepper's Groves? Will we be dancing the Hora or an apron/money dance at your reception? Maybe you know that most of your wedding guests will not dance and you want to keep it low key. Do you plan on spending $1,000 on entertainment or up to $10,000? These questions will help me send you in the right direction for shopping for a DJ or musicians; however the final choice is always up to you. I have worked with 18 piece orchestras, belly dancers, bagpipers and most Dj services advertised in Chicago. As for calligraphers or any other services that create a tangent product, I can give many options. However in my opinion, I always ask brides to consider the easiest and least expensive solutions first. Then asses their wedding budget before making decisions on extras. Calligraphy is expensive and requires more time than any other option available. It is worth the price, but coupes have to make a bigger time and financial commitment. Stationary, cake, favors and photos are common items that can carry unnecessary expenses and additional hassles. My service always offers variety of options to keep both price and stress to a minimum. Whatever stationary or favors you choose, I can help you coordinate by providing day of services to help you execute the most elaborate event designs. From napkin folds to cake decorating, I can do it all.

Event Design and Set Up:

Today's couples have many unique styles, themes and products for their wedding day. All of which require advanced planning and additional labor the day of the event. Example: A couple wants a DYI affair, including a handmade arch for their ceremony, DYI centerpieces and a unique place card table presentation. However, their venue does not provide the extensive set up needed and the couple is not quite sure how to create the look they desire. I can copy most event design set ups from magazines with the proper tools, staff and time. With a free consultation, I would be able to tell a couple whether or not their idea will be functional within the time and space given. Additional consultations can help set up a plan for delivery and set up day of, as well as an event budget for décor.

be5417bf1ad09ce8 1467058472030 dsc1909