Bridal Alterations by Ruth

private residence near expressway 355 and Maple Ave. in Downers Grove, Downers Grove, IL 60515 Map · Phone number

About Bridal Alterations by Ruth

I am an Independent Bridal Alterationist with 40 years of experience in Bridal fittings and alterations. I studied Fashion Design at the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City. I am extremely detailed oriented, so you can entrust the alterations of your special dress to me with confidence! Over the years I have really enjoyed and taken great pride in making my clients look their very best on their memorable day. My average price range falls between $350-$550, with some that are less and some that are more. I do all the fittings and alterations myself in my home and ask that you only bring one person with you to your fittings. I generally do two fittings before completion. I am conveniently located one block from the #355 Maple Ave. Exit in Downers Grove. I have a selection of bra cups and slips for fullness in the skirt available for your convenience. It is wise to make an appointment with me well ahead of time to be six weeks before your wedding date. I am able to press most wedding gowns for an extra charge, but others will need more advanced equipment to make them look their best. If this is the case, I refer my brides to a local professional who specializes in pressing and preserving wedding gowns.

bridal alterations by ruth 4
bridal alterations by ruth 2

64 Reviews for Bridal Alterations by Ruth

Sarah · Married on 10/05/2018

Did an amazing job

I am so glad I went to Ruth! She charged much less than I was quoted from David’s Bridal and she did a beautiful job.

Amy · Married on 10/07/2017

Ruth was able to squeeze me in just a couple weeks out from my wedding. She was flexible with my schedule and had me in for multiple fittings to ensure everything was just right. My dress looked absolutely fantastic! I was so pleased with the results!! Ruth offered multiple suggestions based on her experience. When she was finished, it was like the dress was made for me. She is also a very sweet lady and made me feel right at home. I think her pricing was fair, but not cheap. You get what you pay for...and this was worth every penny!

Lisa · Married on 08/05/2017

Ruth was amazing! My dress needed alterations on the lace and she had no issue working with the fabric. Most places are nervous changing around lace and she made it look beautiful. I would recommend anyone to Ruth. She knows what she's doing, was able to give great recommendations on the best way to alter my dress, and in the end, did everything to make sure I was happy with the final look. If you need your wedding dress altered and want it done right, GO TO RUTH!

Bridal Alterations by Ruth FAQ

• How do you price dress alterations? By Piece
  • Who do you provide services for? Bride
  • Which of the following services do you provide? Alterations, Appointments Only, Full Customization
  • Which of the following items do you offer? Undergarments

• private residence near expressway 355 and Maple Ave. in Downers Grove Downers Grove, 60515 See on map
    By Appointment Only