Bridal Alterations by Ruth

private residence near expressway 355 and Maple Ave. in Downers Grove, Downers Grove, IL 60515 Map · Phone number

About Bridal Alterations by Ruth

I am an Independent Bridal Alterationist with 40 years of experience in Bridal fittings and alterations. I studied Fashion Design at the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City. I am extremely detailed oriented, so you can entrust the alterations of your special dress to me with confidence! Over the years I have really enjoyed and taken great pride in making my clients look their very best on their memorable day. My average price range falls between $350-$550, with some that are less and some that are more. I do all the fittings and alterations myself in my home and ask that you only bring one person with you to your fittings. I generally do two fittings before completion. I am conveniently located one block from the #355 Maple Ave. Exit in Downers Grove. I have a selection of bra cups and slips for fullness in the skirt available for your convenience. It is wise to make an appointment with me well ahead of time to be six weeks before your wedding date. I am able to press most wedding gowns for an extra charge, but others will need more advanced equipment to make them look their best. If this is the case, I refer my brides to a local professional who specializes in pressing and preserving wedding gowns.

bridal alterations by ruth 4

Bridal Alterations by Ruth 1
  • Melanie

Melanie Bullock · Married on 06/07/2019

Very happy!

I loved working with Ruth! She did such a great job helping modify my dress to the way I wanted it! She came through making my dress perfect!

Sent on 07/10/2019

Bridal Alterations by Ruth's reply:

Thank you Melanie for the terrific review! I very much enjoy making my brides look their very best on their special day.

Sarah · Married on 10/05/2018

Did an amazing job

I am so glad I went to Ruth! She charged much less than I was quoted from David’s Bridal and she did a beautiful job.

Sent on 10/22/2018

Amy · Married on 10/07/2017

Ruth was able to squeeze me in just a couple weeks out from my wedding. She was flexible with my schedule and had me in for multiple fittings to ensure everything was just right. My dress looked absolutely fantastic! I was so pleased with the results!! Ruth offered multiple suggestions based on her experience. When she was finished, it was like the dress was made for me. She is also a very sweet lady and made me feel right at home. I think her pricing was fair, but not cheap. You get what you pay for...and this was worth every penny!

Sent on 10/25/2017

Bridal Alterations by Ruth FAQ

• How do you price dress alterations? By Piece
  • Who do you provide services for? Bride
  • Which of the following services do you provide? Alterations, Appointments Only, Full Customization
  • Which of the following items do you offer? Undergarments

• private residence near expressway 355 and Maple Ave. in Downers Grove Downers Grove, 60515 See on map
    By Appointment Only