P.O. Box 48843, Athens, GA 30604 Map · Phone number

About Bowman Photography

Bowman Photography specializes in creative, professional wedding photography. We are full-time professionals and have photographed over 1,200 weddings. When it comes to photographing your once in a lifetime wedding, you'll appreciate our experience! We enjoy traveling and photographing weddings in different locations throughout the southeast.

Follow Bowman Photography on

Other couples have also viewed

• Darby Bobo Photo
  • Photography by Nadezhda
  • Applehead Photography & Design
  • Robinsons Production

14 Reviews for Bowman Photography

Claire · Married on 06/01/2013

Matt Bowman is an amazing photographer!! He shot both our wedding pictures and our engagement pictures. He did a phenomenal job! My only problem is going to be picking out of the 600 pictures, because the are all do wonderful! He makes you feel so comfortable and he not intrusive. I could not have had a better photographer and I highly recommend him!

Sent on 06/23/2013

Lynn · Married on 10/24/2010

Bowman Photography is an excellent choice for professional, reasonably priced wedding photographs. Matt was wonderful to work with. He made me, the mother of the groom, feel very much at ease. The photos were available within a few days after the wedding for review. The biggest problem I had was choosing the ones to get since it wasn't practical to get them all! The wedding album is beautiful. I think you will be very pleased with Bowman Photography.

Sent on 03/15/2011

Emily · Married on 10/24/2010

Matt Bowman of Bowman Photography shot both our October 2010 wedding and our engagement pictures, and I can’t say enough good things about the experience.

I was immediately drawn to the beauty and versatility of Matt’s work. His style is the perfect mix of traditional posed portraiture, ensuring you don’t miss important family and friends, and photojournalism, capturing the raw emotions of the day. He doesn’t do a lot of post processing because he doesn’t have to – Matt gets the photo right when he takes it. As a former graphic designer, I was also impressed with the layout and design of his albums. Each depicts the complete story of the wedding, not just a series of aesthetically pleasing moments. And the materials he uses are elegant and heirloom quality.

Our pictures turned out every bit as gorgeous as the sample albums he showed us during our initial meeting. In fact, it was virtually impossible to choose favorites. There wasn’t a bad picture in the bunch, nor did he miss any important shots. And our album is a true work of art. Looking through it, you feel like you’re there. I can’t do it without tearing up. And I can’t thank Matt enough for giving us such a wonderful treasure. I know it will be cherished by our family for generations.

However, it’s not just Matt’s artistry and skill that make working with him such a joy. He’s also a consummate professional and an extremely nice guy. Not only did he deliver everything that was promised in his simple, straightforward contract, he went above and beyond the call of duty, arriving early and staying late. And he had our entire online gallery of 300+ pictures ready within TWO days! That has to be some kind of record?! Moreover, he was virtually invisible at the wedding itself. Half our guests had no idea we’d hired a professional photographer until they saw all the lovely pictures. Even my parents, who knew he was there, were surprised by the stunning ceremony photos because he never once blocked anyone’s view or used an obvious flash. When taking posed portraits, Matt’s warmth and friendliness put everyone at ease – including my extremely self-conscious husband. Throughout our time together, I truly felt like Matt cared as much about getting great photos of my wedding as I did.

Finally, I also need to mention what a great value Bowman Photography is. Matt charges half what most of the wedding photographers in the area do, despite the fact that he’s more experienced and far more versatile than anyone else I’ve seen. I can safely say you won’t find a better deal in northeast Georgia. And you definitely won't be sorry if you choose Bowman Photography to capture your special day!

Sent on 03/15/2011

Award

• Truso Weddings Wedding Florists

As an event planner and florist, I have had the great opportunity to work with Matt Bowman many times. I always tell my brides, "Make sure you like your photographer, because you will be spending the day with them!" I can recommend Bowman Photography with the full confidence that not only will the client be happy with their beautiful wedding photographs, they will be happy to have spent the day with Matt Bowman as well. He is a professional that gets the job done while making everyone involved feel at ease! Because Matt has been photographing weddings for years, he knows how to make the best of the limited time frame photographers often have to work within after the wedding ceremony. He focuses on getting a good mixture of formal shots and "special" candid moments that the bride and groom will cherish forever. Matt specializes in wedding photography and it shows! His years of working in this business are evident in the final product. Matt Bowman is professional, easy to work with, and his prices are very reasonable. I have always enjoyed working with Matt and I know that his clients are always pleased with the beautiful albums he creates for them!

• P.O. Box 48843 Athens, 30604 See on map
    Location of (Bowman Photography)