1272 Glenthorne Loop, Nellysford, VA 22958 Map · Phone number

About Blue Heron Farm

Blue Heron Farm grows over 200 varieties of cut flowers and foliage using organic methods, on our small farm nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia. We offer lush, garden-inspired, one-of-a-kind wedding flowers, as well as seasonal flowers by the bucket for DIY brides. We are committed to selling and designing with local, seasonal flowers and only work with flowers that are locally and responsibly grown. The farm is located two miles south of Nellysford just off Route 151 near Nellysford, Virginia.

We offer two options for couples interested in DIY flowers. You can choose from our Farmer's Choice Buckets are a colorful, seasonal mix of flowers, or our Your Choice Buckets for those with a more specific color palette in mind. We also offer personal flowers such as bridal bouquets, bridesmaid bouquets, boutonnieres, corsages, and flower crowns A La Carte to accompany your DIY flowers.

Let us bring your vision to life with gorgeous, custom floral designs for your wedding or event. We use the best of what the season has to offer, to create beautifully fresh, garden-inspired designs. Whether you are looking for a brilliant riot of color and texture, or an elegantly subdued palette, or anywhere in between, we work with you to create stunning, one-of-a-kind florals. We accept a limited number of weddings each season, so please contact us early to reserve flowers for your date.

3148694 51 632155

Blue Heron Farm 6
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 08/17/2019

Absolutely beautiful flowers

We were so impressed by the flowers we got through Blue Heron Farm. We did a combination of DIY/"farmer's choice" flowers and created our own centerpieces and had them do bridal and bridesmaids bouquets, boutonnieres, corsages, and a flower crown. Everything was absolutely perfect and we felt everything was very reasonably priced.

Sent on 09/01/2019
  • Annia

Annia · Married on 06/08/2019

Local and sustainable, without sacrificing for artistry

I'm a flower person: I love flowers and do arrangements as a hobby, so I'm extremely picky and kind of a control freak; while simultaneously being committed to sourcing my flowers locally from a responsible grower; and also not having $10,000+ to spend on flowers. Blue Heron is the rare vendor that could manage to check every single one of my boxes. I had them do the bouquets and fiddlier items, but handled my own centerpieces. I told Nina I wanted bright, cheerful, garden-inspired, and textural, and she want to town: the pieces she provided were BEAUTIFUL. The bulk buckets were the perfect mix of colors and textures to complement everything else, and had thoughtfully-chosen varietals that could stand up to transportation and some wrangling. I was really nervous about trusting anyone with my flowers, but Blue Heron knocked it out of the park.

Sent on 07/11/2019
    Blue Heron Farm 11
    Blue Heron Farm 12

Gabrielle · Married on 05/26/2019

Beautiful Blooms and Fun Memories

The flowers I received from Blue Heron Farm exceeded my expectations. They were absolutely beautiful. I ordered several buckets of flowers to do DIY arrangements. My Maid of Honor actually teared up when she saw the buckets of flowers because she thought they were so beautiful! A bunch of the women in my bridal party and family got together to make arrangements the day before the wedding and we all had so much fun working together. It was so special to have that time with everyone before the wedding and DIYing the flowers was one of my favorite pre-wedding activities! Nina was so responsive and helpful through the planning process. She also made my perfect bouquet and flower comb. Having those done alleviated stress and we were able to use my bouquet for inspiration for the rest of our work. Overall, it was a wonderful experience. I'm still dreaming about all the beautiful blooms. I even had a moment brainstorming how I could change my career to be a florist. I'm so grateful for the fresh local flowers and the memories they helped create!

Sent on 07/15/2019

Blue Heron Farm FAQ

• What is the average price for a bridal bouquet? $ 165.00
  • What is the average price for a bridesmaid bouquet? $ 85.00
  • What is the average price for a boutonniere? $ 18.00
  • Typically, what can a customer expect to pay for your wedding floral services? $ 1,500.00
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of your floral services? Consultations
  • How would you describe your floral designs? Eclectic, Romantic, Rustic
  • Which of the following services do you provide? Consultations, Wholesale/Bulk
  • What types of arrangements do you provide? Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Chuppah Decor, Corsages, Flower Crowns, Flower Petals, Single Flowers

• 1272 Glenthorne Loop Nellysford, VA, 22958 See on map