Jackson Heights, NY 11372 Map · Phone number

About BittersweetNYC

Many childhood memories are born of sweet kitchen creations… a fragrance, a flavor…Bittersweet recreates memories, bringing these fragrances and flavors to your next event. Punctuate your next celebration with the rare beauty and essence of Indian inspired desserts & cakes created with your expectations in mind.

Whether you are seeking ethnic sweets, inspired desserts, or cakes, Surbhi Sahni works with your tastes to create a magical last course that will leave your guests asking for more.

www.bittersweetnyc.com

carnations
amy cake

8 Reviews for BittersweetNYC

Jane · Married on 10/26/2013

I am very happy to have chosen bittersweet's cakes. I didn't want a traditional vanilla or chocolate cake. The cake we tasted, loved, and ordered was the pistachio cardamom cake. It was awesome. Surbhi was very accomodating and Natalie responds very quickly to emails. I am definately recommending bittersweet to my friends and family if they need cakes.

Amber · Married on 04/27/2013

I had an amazing experience working with Surbhi Sahni, owner of of Bittersweet NYC. We found her almost accidentally -- we were googling "spicy chocolate cake new york city" and Bittersweet popped up. She met us in midtown for a tasting and we were blown away by her pistachio cardamom flavor and the chile chocolate, which just tastes like really moist chocolate cake with a bit of a kick at the end. Her buttercreams are amazing too -- cinnamon-hazelnut, chai, salted caramel..... we weren't sure which to choose! We ended up going with pistachio-cardamom with chai cream and chile-chocolate cake with cinnamon-hazelnut cream, and when we actually tasted our wedding cake at our reception it blew our minds. I have NEVER tasted anything so delicious, and probably two dozen guests came up to us to tell us that we had the best wedding cake they had ever tasted. We are still getting emails about the cake! Surbhi was incredibly professional from start to finish, her prices are reasonable (cheaper than most big wedding-cake makers), and she will work on the design with you until you are totally satisfied. I wanted something geometric and off-beat, and she created a square three-layer cake with the layers at odd angles from each other and a geometric gold and green pattern on the sides -- it was the coolest looking cake I have ever seen. She also does beautiful henna-inspired designs, if that's what you want, but we wanted something simple and modern with a twist. Anyway, I couldn't have been more pleased with my cake and can't wait for the next birthday or holiday to order another of Bittersweet's amazing cakes.

I found BittersweetNYC with only about 2 months to go before my wedding, but that didn't stop Surbhi, the owner, from being patient and calm throughout the entire process. She was friendly, accommodating, and attentive to all our concerns. She has very unique flavors she makes her cakes in, like chili chocolate, black pepper pineapple, etc., in addition to red velvet, chocolate, and vanilla and others (her site has a list). She can also adjust all the flavors of cake/frosting to your taste. We decided on vanilla cake with pineapple cream, mascarpone filling & spiced pineapple with a buttercream outside. It was delicious!! Guests at our wedding loved it and kept asking me where the cake was from! Surbhi decorated the cake exactly how I envisioned it. It was SO GORGEOUS I couldn't stop looking at it! I couldn't believe it was my cake!! If you need a cake (for ANY occasion, but especially a wedding), you cannot go wrong with BittersweetNYC. Highly recommended!!

BittersweetNYC FAQ

• What services do your prices include? Custom Cake Design
  • What types of desserts do you provide? Cookies, Croquembouche, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Groom's Cake
  • What services do you provide? Consultations, Delivery