444 1st Street, Berthoud, CO 80513 Map · Phone number

About Berthoud Inn & Events

With dedication to customized packages, Berthoud Inn is THE place for your intimate wedding and memorable reception. We offer incredible value and devote undivided attention to every detail. Our in-house planner will keep the process fun and assist you in converting your dreams to reality. Gatherings from 10 to 200 (in our open garden) are well hosted with our exceptional in-house catering. And, the convenience of seven fabulous guest rooms onsite, provides the desired pampering for you and your special guests to enjoy the celebration from beginning to close. Reserve the entire house and create memories to last a lifetime!

Follow Berthoud Inn & Events on

arizona2008418
WS15231
Wedding ceremony
Wedding ceremony
In-house catering at Berthoud Inn ensures a celebration to be remembered.
In-house catering at Berthoud Inn ensures a celebration to be remembered.
Main course
Just married sign
9bb86bf341f738bc 1330822014388 1004499

4 Reviews for Berthoud Inn & Events

Kathleen · Married on 10/10/2010

Mark was wonderful and he kept everything so organized. We rented the whole Inn for the weekend and had a fabulous time. The food was out of this world. He catered our rehersal dinner, wedding and breakfasts. All the guests raved about the food. I wish I could have breakfast this way every day. His staff was amazing. We were so pleased with everything. We plan on returning this winter for the murder mystery weekend. I know it will be fantastic. Thank you Mark for all that you do

Sent on 11/30/2010

T · Married on 08/28/2010

I had my whole wedding in the garden of a Victorian Mansion! It was awesome. We rented almost the whole place so that we didn't have to worry about my friends and family driving home from Berthoud after the big day, plus we all got to have breakfast together the next morning and re-hash the day before. My husband and I stayed in the upper turret of the house called the French Room and had a great time. Mark really took care of us the day of the wedding and kept us organized in the weeks leading to the big day. Mark was also our caterer and displayed a wonderful feast! Everyone had a great time and I got everything I wanted from my wedding...oh right, our wedding. :)

Sent on 09/21/2010

Amy · Married on 06/19/2010

We got married at Berthoud Inn in June, and it was an absolutely perfect wedding. We were originally planning on having about 200 people, but it ended up at about 100. We planned our wedding from Boston, so we actually picked our venue sight unseen. However, we spent hours and hours talking to Ellen, who serves as the wedding coordinator, and truly one of the most gracious and helpful people I've ever met. We would come at her with PAGES of questions, and she spent HOURS with us on the phone going over everything we could possibly think to ask. Helpful beyond belief. This all occured in the months leading up to the wedding.

We had a few run-throughs at the Inn with Ellen as well as Mark, the Inn Keeper, in the weeks before the wedding, and at the rehearsal. The 2 of them are both awesome. Mark did all of the catering, and the food was unbelievable. I know everyone says that you never had time during your wedding to actually eat the food, but during the wedding, servers actually brought plates to our table. We had an Italian buffet, and my husband definitely likes to try a bite of everything. I was pretty nervous about telling him that what with trying to greet all of our guests, it might be pretty tough to find enough TIME for us to eat, let alone take multiple trips to the buffet to sample a bit of everything. The servers brought a bit of everything to our table directly, which was so helpful and thoughtful, and really freed us up to actually enjoy the few minutes we had to eat.

Anyway, as far as the transition from ceremony to reception, they had a very quick turnaround, because the ceremony space eventually becomes part of the dance floor. However, we also wanted a tent and a additional dance space besides the 2 decks already there. (We're big dancers and wanted to do a dance performance). It was set up so that a few of the tables were on the tent, but the dance floor was all open. The venue was perfect for our size wedding- we could have comfortably had many more people. However, it could get pretty tight with 200 people and a dance floor though, and would probably mean having to move tables off of the dance floor, which we didn't want.

We looked at several different places in the area, but here are a few other reasons we really liked Berthoud Inn. Our criteria was initally driven by budget/value, size of the venue (we originally thought up to 200 people), and I really wanted a place to have both the reception and ceremony in the same place. I loved the idea of getting married in a beautiful garden with the Colorado mountains in the background, and I really liked being at a historical location too (the Inn is a beautiful Victorian).

Of all the places we considered, Berthoud Inn was by far the best value- venues can get really expensive, and we were both very surprised at how much we were getting for our money (the hands-on-hand holding and advice we got from Mark and Ellen were totally priceless, and that is on top of the "tangibles." The site was for 8 hours, but they were actually pretty flexible with us. Plus, we rented out 7 rooms in the inn, (including the Egyptian Room suite where we stayed right after the wedding), as well as an additional 2 bedroom apartment where we stuck the groomsmen. The people staying there enjoyed getting to hang out after the wedding ended, and breakfast the next morning was really good. I heard many stories from the bridal party of how much they enjoyed staying up talking. My husband and I clearly missed that, but we were glad people enjoyed staying there so much! Regardles of whether or not you stay there, they have an upstairs room where the ladies all got ready, which was really convenient. Also, we had amazing breakfasts the morning of the wedding and the day after (because we were staying there).

Berthoud Inn was awesome because we had the option to get all our food in-house. They will allow you to bring in outside caters, but it is an extra charge. We ended up going with the pasta bar and appetizers. We told them our budget, and they proposed a variety of options for us, which included service, gratuity, and tax. Mark's speciality is the cooking and catering, so without tasting ahead of time, we felt very confident we would have declicious food. Also, we brought our cake from Schmidt's bakery in Loveland, and they don't charge any extra to cut it.

At Berthoud Inn, all the linens, silverware, and plates were included (many places we looked at weren't included). We were definitely budget conscious for our wedding- by far the biggest expense was the reception, but we truly felt like we got a great value and were so happy with the results.

Finally, probably the BEST experience we had working with Berthoud Inn was the people... Mark was bartending at the wedding, and we got to see him the day after. He's just really awesome. My father-in-law mentioned how much he liked the coffee Mark served, and so Mark gave him some to take back to NY. As I mentioned before, they also have an in-house wedding coordinator (Ellen) She was absolutely AWESOME, and her services were all included. She was SO helpful, and really thorough and was more than happy to spend an hour at a time on the phone. Osei and I never visited the Inn before selecting it... We sent my mom to take some pictures, and Ellen was really helpful in describing the layout and giving us a really good idea of all the different configurations you could use.

Especially planning a wedding from a distance, it can be scary. We were SO happy with our choice. The Inn was so beautiful and memorable (great for pictures), and we got so much personalized attention. We're looking forward to going back for our anniversary and staying as guests. We had an amazing wedding at Berthoud Inn, and I would highly recommend it to any couple looking for an intimate and beautiful wedding.

Sent on 12/02/2010

Berthoud Inn & Events FAQ

• What is the maximum capacity of your venue?
  • Describe your venue:
    Inn/B&B
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
  • What event services do you offer?
    Event Planner