About Becky's Alterations

Jacksonville's Expert For Special Occasions Alterations

Every bride is unique and should be treated as such.  Your experience should be what you always dreamed it would be.  Exclusively specializing in Wedding Gown and Women's Formalwear alterations, Becky has earned a reputations in Jacksonville for her excellent work since 1998.

Categories: Wedding Dress

Alterations (2)
Mother of Bride (1)
Bridesmaids (1)

2.2

I cannot recommend Becky. I was incredibly disappointed in her work. She is a very sweet lady but I really wish I would have taken my dress somewhere else to be altered. For my final appointment, the first thing I noticed was that the belt she attached was put on crooked. It was so obvious so it should have never been handed to me like that in the first place. She had me take the dress off and she went and fixed it while I waited. I then put the dress back on and realized that she must have been rushing because the belt was still not properly attached right. Additionally, my dress had some lace that bordered the neckline and I asked her to change a couple of things about it...she did such a lazy job with it. I had to ask her to fix that as well. I just got my wedding pictures back and you can ever so clearly see where she messed up a section of that. However, what really set me over the edge was when it was the week of my wedding and I was taking my dress to have it steamed and I noticed BLOOD all along the lace at the bottom of my dress. I cannot even describe how I felt in that moment. During my final appointment with her she actually spotted some blood on my belt and her exact words were "my DNA is all over these dresses. I prick myself all the time". First off, why would you even say that to a bride? Second off, try to be more careful? The lace that ran all along the bottom of my dress had little blood droplets all over the place. I wish I would have noticed at my final appointment with her, however I wasn't looking at the bottom of my dress then. I had to take it the dry cleaners and they did their best to get it out, however the blood wasn't able to be completely removed because it had sat on there for too long. No bride should have to deal with the horror of spotting blood on their wedding dress.

Profile Picture Chelsea, 9/24/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Alterations, Bride
1.0

I could not be more disappointed with my alterations experience with Becky's Alterations. She was unprofessional, dismissive, & she took zero responsibility for the fact that she improperly altered my dress. Instead of taking responsibility for the mistakes she made, she implied that the dress didn't fit because I had gained weight (even after I told her I had been monitoring my weight & was sure I had not). I was charged $500 for alterations by Becky and am now taking my dress for alterations elsewhere to hopefully undo what she did. I received no refund or apologies from her. This has been the most stressful aspect of my wedding planning process. Seek alterations elsewhere.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Logan, 2/20/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Becky came as a recommendation from a co-worker that got married shortly after I got engaged and I'm so glad I went with the recommendation...she did an absolutely amazing job altering my bridal gown. It was a full lace dress so it was not an easy task, but she was meticulous about every detail and it came out perfect! She also altered my mothers gown and it fit her like a glove. She was great to work with and addressed every concern and request I had along the way. I would highly recommend her to other brides!

Profile Picture erin, 12/12/15, 6 Reviews

2 Wedding Deals & Discounts

1489282303 d94d25c46b999f38 tawny redo

1/2 off Wedding Gown Steaming With Alterations

$100.00 Value | Promo Code: With BBA Alterations
You've waited for this day and now it's here! Your gown is perfect! Have you thought the wrinkles? Let us help! 1/2 off the steaming of your Wedding Gown for your big day when BBA alters your gown. Most gowns are $100 regularly and fuller gowns or cathedral trains are $150 regular priced.
#WW8998abeecae37f8c
1489282303 d94d25c46b999f38 tawny redo

Preserve your gown with us for $175 with discount

$210.00 Value | Promo Code: With BBA Alterations
Get $35 off the regular $210 of Preservation including dry cleaning
#WWd6e193550695de95

Kernan and McCormick, Jacksonville, FL 32225   See On Map
904-629-1481 (phone)
For your private fitting for your Wedding Gown or Formal Gown alterations, please email me about the item needing altered, what date you are wearing it and your availability. Available appointment times are Monday - Friday 12 am - 6 pm Saturday 11 am - 4 pm