Beauty by May Chin

On Location Hair & Makeup Artist in Boston, Brighton, MA 02135 Map · Phone number

6a
allisondan0003
allisondan0531

15 Reviews for Beauty by May Chin

Tracy · Married on 06/06/2015

May Chin and her team are phenomenal at doing wedding hair and makeup!!! The only thing I regret is not having had a trial with May first. I had two trials with other makeup artists beforehand, both who did not make "me" look like "me". I wanted to look natural on my wedding day - not transformed into a super fake Barbie version of myself. At the end of our trial, my mom and I knew we were going to book with May right away. Not only was my hair and makeup stunning, she was also extraordinarily patient, respectful, and helpful during the entire process. She was great at coordinating the schedule for the day of our wedding, and took the time to answer any questions I had. On wedding day, May and her team came on time and were delightful to work with. They had a calm aura that helped my bridal party and me relax. My hair and makeup were exactly how I wanted it - PERFECT! Also, my bridesmaids loved their hair and makeup! I am truly happy I chose May Chin and her team. They exceeded all our expectations.

Song Ey · Married on 03/21/2015

I booked May through the recommendation of my wedding coordinator and I am so glad to have had her on my wedding day. Though she is based in Boston and I was in NYC, she had no problems fitting me into her schedule. During my initial trial, I wasn't sure of what I wanted and requested a look that I ended up realizing was not suitable for my style. May was extremely accommodating to my concerns and questions prior to starting and afterwards made me feel comfortable enough to discuss with her anything that I may or may not have liked about my trial. With my timeline, she was able to create a schedule to fit everyone in and get everyone done on time. She was prompt and finished right on schedule. For my hair and makeup, May remembered everything we discussed and was able to execute the look perfectly. My hair and makeup came out gorgeous. My husband looked at me and told me how great I looked without looking overdone and people did not stop complimenting all night long. All of my bridesmaids also got their hair and makeup done by May and her assistant and they all thought it was the best makeup and hair they had gotten. May has a wonderful gift of enhancing a person's natural beauty and making people who are not used to wearing makeup feel beautiful with it on. I can't recommend her enough and only wish I had more reasons to hire her for her services!

I found May through a friend. I had already tried out someone else and the results were far from what i had pictured. Luckily, I was able to book May for my wedding and set up a trial. I absolutely LOVED my trial hair and makeup - it was everything and more for what I had hoped for - so perfect. The day of the wedding was a bit of a fluke - my makeup was a little bit different from my trial - and while others probably didn't notice it, it was something that I just kept thinking about. My wedding was also different from most - we had a 10am ceremony so had planned for my mom to get her makeup done first starting at 5:45am and then for me to start at 7am. The trial had taken about 3 hours so I should have insisted on going first, but didn't really know better. So we ended up finishing my hair and makeup at about 10am (after a little bit of a late start - both parties were at fault here), so I was already feeling a little stressed and rushed, and should have taken more time to look and make sure everything was the way I had wanted it. It's so easy to look back now to say what I would have changed. Honestly though, despite this, I would absolutely still book May without a doubt and just be more aware of the schedule and timing. She made me feel absolutely beautiful on the trial day - I have never had anyone do my hair and makeup and feel that way before, and look forward to using May for future services. We also talked through this and May was so kind and understanding and we worked together to figure something out. May is the epitome of amazing customer service - to be able to make me feel a little better after feeling a bit unsure is something I didn't expect, but after talking to May, she did everything she could to make things better. Bottom-line, I would use May again in a heartbeat. Give yourself enough time to get ready and even if you're running late, remember that the day is about YOU so slow down and take your time to feel and look the way YOU want.

Award