Silver Spring, MD 20904 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 17

About Beauty by Alex

Beauty by Alex is a mobile hair and makeup service in the DMV that comes to you for your special event!

My name is Alex Miller, and I am a freelance makeup & hair artist primarily working in the DMV.

Many would say that beauty is only skin deep, but for me, the love of all things beauty runs through my veins. I believe that my passion for the art of hair and makeup is an inherited trait from my father, who was a well-known hairstylist in the Philadelphia area. My story began with my Caboodle makeup case, with Barbie dolls as my most prestigious clients. Years later, my professional kit includes the highest quality of both airbrush and traditional makeup.

After high school, I attended Penn State University and majored in child psychology. After teaching preschool for a few years, I was hit with a dose of reality – my dream was to pursue a career as a freelance artist. The look on a client's face when they see themselves in the mirror after a makeover is truly invaluable.

Having worked with all different ethnicities, ages, and skin types, I truly believe in the success of my business as a self-taught artist, who has found the joy of beauty in all that I do. I have experience in many areas of the industry, including video shoots, print work, mitzvahs, weddings, proms, special events, and more!

A perfectionist at heart, you can absolutely trust that you will walk away with your expectations exceeded looking FABULOUS! I am a very goal-oriented individual and only hope that you will allow me to be a part of your special day, and most importantly, bring the joy of beauty into your life to make you look & feel like the most beautiful you!

Follow Beauty by Alex on

• Videos 6

11 Reviews for Beauty by Alex

• Brittany

Brittany · Married on 09/01/2018

I was the lead in a music video and Alex was the makeup artist and hair stylist. As soon as I walked in, she was friendly and made me feel super comfortable in a setting where I really didn't know anyone.

Not only did the makeup and hair turn out amazing, but she explained along with each step what she was using and what its purpose was.

Alex was quick and efficient but very precise and clearly passionate about what she's doing.

I would recommend Beauty by Alex to anyone I know and I plan on hiring her in the future for television and film work! She will make you look and feel beautiful :)

Sent on 09/11/2012

Melissa · Married on 06/16/2013

Alex did my hair and makeup for my wedding and it was perfect. She was very professional and used the highest quality products for both my makeup and hair. She also traveled a fair distance to my home on my wedding day and I greatly appreciated being able to get ready in my own home. I did not have a clear vision for my hair and I put the style in Alex's hands. She did a wonderful job with my long and difficult to manage hair :) We had a lot of fun at our trial session too! Her price was very reasonable. I would strongly recommend Alex for your wedding or any event.

Sent on 07/19/2013
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 04/27/2013

Alex did a great job; I felt gorgeous on my wedding day. :)
    She talked through everything with me during my trial and I had every confidence that we had a great plan going into the big day. She came to my venue and did my hair and makeup, taking out the stress of driving all over.
    I not only loved the final product (which photographed very well), but I enjoyed the experience. Since she became part of the bridal suite group, it was great that she is so personable and fun to talk to.
    It's clear that she's a professional who knows her craft.
    I definitely recommend her!

Sent on 07/08/2013

Beauty by Alex's reply:

Amanda,
    Thank you so much for the incredible review. It was TRULY a pleasure and an honor to be a part of your special day. Your bridal party was just as kind as you were, and I truly felt inspired being around you all! Hope your wedding was beyond your wildest dreams!
    Best wishes,
    Alex

Beauty by Alex FAQ

• What beauty services do you offer? Consultations, Hair, Makeup

• Niki Lannigan Events
    Niki Lannigan Events Wedding Planners

Alex does amazing work! I worked with Alex at a wedding last month and she was calm, cool and collected as she made the bride and her bridesmaids absolutely radiant! I highly recommend hiring Alex for your beauty needs and hope to work with her again soon!

• Silver Spring, 20904 See on map