251 Patches Lane, Amelia Court House, VA 23002 Map · Phone number

About Bakes By Sue

Welcome to Bakes By Sue, a home-based baking company serving Richmond, Virginia and the surrounding area. Catering to all of your baking needs, Bakes By Sue is a small personal company, offering specialized, individual service

I have always had a passion for baking. I remember my best Christmas ever was the year my parents bought me an Easy Bake Oven and I spent months baking things for everyone.

I put that passion on hold for many years, though I continued to bake. Work, children, life in general got in the way. I became known amongst my friends as the "cake lady". I was the one everyone called if they needed a dessert for a party or family gathering. At most social events I was the one who always brought some kind of baked good.

The more I baked the more I wanted to try new things. In the beginning I just tried different recipes, but then I got thinking about decorating cakes. I decided to take the first of Wilton's cake decorating classes and I loved it!! I loved creating things out of icing...flowers, leaves, borders. Suddenly cake making had taken on a whole new dimension.

I began to pour over books about decorating and all the different mediums involved. After completing Wilton's class one I took class two, and then class three. As I progressed my skills improved as did the desire to "do something" with those skills.

Two years ago I decided to start my own baking business. "Bakes By Sue" was born. I bake a number of items...quick breads, muffins, scones, biscotti, brownies, and of course, cakes!

I continue to hone my skills, practicing decorating, new recipes, and new techniques on cakes that my family and friends gladly eat.

If you are interested in contacting me my email address is bakesbysue@chef.net

• Confections of a Cake
  • Melissa's Simply Sweet, LLC
  • Cake Art Divas
ALifetimeJourneyresized
pastrychefresized
Bakes By Sue
Hand painted grass and leaves on white fondant with fondant tree, flowers and deck.
resizedbutterflycake
brownandpinkleaves
ALifetimeJourneyresized
pastrychefresized

Bakes By Sue FAQ

• What types of desserts do you provide?
    Cookies
    Cupcakes
    Groom's Cake
  • What services do you provide?
    Consultations
    Delivery
    Setup
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate?
    Gluten Free
    Vegan
  • Are you licensed by the state health department?

• 251 Patches Lane Amelia Court House, 23002 See on map