Astounding Sounds & Lighting

Couple dancing
Couple dancing

8 Reviews for Astounding Sounds & Lighting

Sommer · Married on 09/28/2014

We utilized Colby from Astounding Sounds to provide sound rentals and support, and I can confidently say that bringing Colby on to provide sound support for our wedding was one of the best decisions we made. The following are highlights for the experience:

1. Sound Quality: The sound during the ceremony as fantastic. My mother officiated and we spent so much time perfecting our vows, so it was important that people clearly heard every word, and Colby made sure that happened. We also had live performances during the ceremony and reception, and everything sounded so great. We had a DJ too! Yep, sound was perfect for that too. Never once dipped or created feedback or sounded anything but perfect.

2. Customer Service: Colby was super helpful the entire time. My mother was the officiant, my friend was the ceremony musician, my wife and I were the reception musicians, and my wife's friend was the DJ - none of whom had performed at a wedding before. Colby was patient with each of us, helped us feel comfortable, and was a big reason why everything went off without a hitch. Also, Colby was kind enough to do a site visit of the venue prior to the wedding and not only helped clarify the sound setup, but offered us some GREAT ideas for our run-of-show even though he wasn't even MCing or DJing. He's a great guy who clearly just wanted to help us have a great day even though we were only paying for sound support.

We hired Colby Logan with Astounding Sounds based on our wedding planner's recommendation. He is awesome! He really goes the extra mile to learn about the couple so that he can make the right choices for the reception. For example, he took note of an obscure song that my husband mentioned during one of our meetings that wouldn't be good for dancing, but he found it and played it during dinner. It was just such a nice touch. We've all seen plenty of cheesy wedding DJs, right? Colby is a true professional, and any announcements he made reflected that. He didn't make it about him... he made it about us and our guests. Consequently, there were some pretty epic dancing photos from the reception that we will enjoy for a lifetime. Our wedding was during the huge DFW ice storm, and Colby made it completely prepared and on time. We are SO appreciative of his efforts!

heather · Married on 02/19/2011

Ryan Lee was so great to work with!!! He walked us through the entire process, had great suggestions and responded quickly to all of our questions! He truly helped make our night special and extra fun! He worked closely with our coordinator to get the timeline just right and the outcome was so perfect! We could not have asked for a better DJ! Thanks Ryan!!!

Astounding Sounds & Lighting FAQ

• What music genres do you specialize in? Country, Electronic, Hip Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B/Soul, Rock
  • What services do you offer? Liability Insurance