l, St Thomas, VI 00803 Map · Phone number

About Asolare

Chef Jonathan Balak invites you to celebrate the islands' finest ingredients and freshest locally sourced products at Asolare. Spend an evening savoring Asian Fusion cuisine presented with impeccable service and complemented by unparalleled sunset views of the Caribbean Sea.

Originally constructed as a single family home in the 1950s, Asolare once played host to elite St John residents such as Laurence Rockefeller. In 1994, entrepreneur Winston Bennett converted the home into a restaurant and thus Asolare was born. For the past sixteen years we have continued to play host to visitors and residents of St John and strive to live by our motto: The Purposeless, Agreeable and Leisurely Passing of Time

Wahoo Carpacio
Picture002
WineGlasses
www KathrynWagner comAsolareRestaurant1of11

7 Reviews for Asolare

Our by-out at Asolare for 33 guests was absolutely incredible and easily one of the best nights of our lives. They were really on their toes all night providing great service without seeming to get in the way too much. They arrange the table exactly like I wanted them. The drinks were handcrafted and unique and the food was all everyone could talk about for the next week! Matt Kidd, the check came out and personally spoke with each and every table. He's such a likable guy! I had so many family and friends tell me that all Asolare was the most intimate unique reception venue that they had ever been to. They carefully cut my cake and arrange for my guess to have all their sparklers lit up on the exit with my groom and I and everything went off without a hitch. The manager, Dean, was so helpful and cordial. Also, I believe her name is Haley (a server) she seemed to be the glue that held it altogether. I couldn't have been happier with Asolare!!!

sejal · Married on 03/28/2015

We had our wedding reception at Asolare for a 36 person wedding. The space is perfect for this size group, the decor is lovely as it is, but they are also very happy and willing to add your touches as you wish. The view is THE BEST and a total wow factor your guests will love. The food is great and the service was wonderful. If you're still unsure about where to have your event, you MUST check out this restaurant. It's a special place. We will be visiting St John and dining at Asolare for many anniversaries to come.

Ashley · Married on 10/04/2014

We had our wedding reception at Asolare on October 4, 2014 and it was the most amazing night!

When my husband and I started looking at reception venues in St. John, we quickly came across Asolare. However due to their more expensive prices, we looked into alternative options. Unfortunately after months of trying to coordinate with a less expensive reception venue and receiving horrible service, we decided to spend more money for Asolare and thank goodness we did!

We initially contacted Asolare and it's manager Jonathan a few months prior to our date, but didn't decide to finalize this selection until a month before. We were worried with the short notice things would be rush and hurried, however we received the best help and response. Jonathan was timely with all responses and very easy to work with. Once we arrived in the islands, Jonathan was gracious enough to see us on an impromptu visit before the big day and he was so reassuring and handled everything so well.

The actual reception was a dream. The waiters were amazing and so accommodating to our party of 33. The food was to die for. Everyone of our guests said it was the best food they've eaten. The view and location couldn't be closer to ideal. We were worried of recent outbreaks of tropical mosquito diseases, but Jonathan and Asolare had plenty of bug spray on hand and it turned out no one had any problems with mosquitoes at all!

It really was the best night of our lives and Asolare had a very large part in making that possible. If we could, we would spend everyday doing it over again, but we will just settle with going back on our anniversaries. :)

Asolare FAQ

• What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 100
  • Describe your venue: Restaurant
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor, Covered Outdoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service? Reception

• l St Thomas, 00803 See on map