Day-Of, Full, Partial

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Catrina Maria Designs

Professional wedding planning serving Sacramento, Napa, Tahoe and surrounding areas
Catrina Maria Designs is committed to providing brides and grooms with the attention they desire and deserve. From the initial planning stages all the way through the big day, we provide the expertise necessary to create the perfect event. Our mission is to help each couple create their own unique and flawless wedding, while making the planning process as easy as possible. Dream big and enjoy your perfect day, with assistance from Catrina Maria Designs.

Categories: Wedding Planner

Regions serviced: Sacramento

8 Reviews for Catrina Maria Designs

Partial Planning (1)
Destination (1)

We used Catrina to find our venue - w/ her venue finding service -- and we loved her! It was a destination wedding for us & we needed help! Prior to finding her, we did lots of research on venues & services that helped plan weddings -we needed guidance from someone in the area. We rarely found that anyone offered this stand alone venue finder package & other planners I felt didn't listen to what we wanted/were not interested in hearing our thoughts/were kind of rude/didn't even return phone calls. Catrina was affordable! & it wasn't a guarantee but she offers venue options that suited us within a few weeks for only $300! (This was a few years ago & her pricing may have changed). We told her our budget, how many guests, type of venue & what vibe, time of year. Our budget was pretty low to start, but we realized what the minimum would be for what we wanted & adjusted accordingly. She offered many options & we were back and forth a bit. Then...she found us the perfect venue! We were sure this place was it. We took a wedding planning trip to Tahoe, looked at lots of places, ones she'd mentioned/others we found and THE place --- what we believed was the perfect place. When we saw it in person it far surpassed the others we checked out/found on our own. She'd gotten us their packages & it was so affordable compared to similar venues! This helped us save later as their prices increased after that so we locked in our initial package offerings she'd obtained! I don't know how we would've found our spot - West Shore Café & Inn --without her. It hadn't popped up on any of our searches. I think they may have been newer to weddings perhaps? It's a restaurant & Inn.. We didn't use her for day/month of - we found another coordinator's package - Cloud Nine (amazing!) that had suited us better since we got our vendors ourselves (she did nothing wrong) Anyhow, this venue find service worked perfectly! It was very affordable. I highly recommend her! She found our dream venue!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 5/31/15, 18 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
Services Used: Destination, Partial Planning

Catrina and her staff, Nicole and Katie, from Catrina Maria Designs were absolutely wonderful to work with and made our wedding day perfect.

I met with Catrina just after I got engaged and instantly knew she would be the perfect fit for my fiance and me. She is easy going, has a great sense of humor and is always professional. We booked Catrina for the full planning package and worked closely with her for seven months as we planned our wedding. She was particularly helpful for someone like me who felt overwhelmed by the thousands of vendor and style choices and provided great recommendations for DJs, florists, and bakeries and helped whittle down decision making into easy to manage projects. She was key with keeping us mindful of our budget, and kept us going through each and every minute task. Nicole, one of her staff, came to all of my dress fitting appointments and was incredibly helpful with style and fit recommendations, as well as suggestions for alterations (ie what was necessary and what wasn't). I knew that I could pick up the phone at anytime and she and her staff would quickly address all of our inquiries -- they made me feel like I was their only client, although I know they were busily planning multiple other weddings at the same time they were planning ours. Catrina Maria Designs always went the extra mile and even provided planning assistance to my parents and my in-laws to make everything run smoothly.

Although I'm biased, I thought our wedding day was perfect. It was such a relief on the actual day that things just happened and my now husband and I just got to concentrate on each other and our guests. I'm sure plenty happened behind the scenes to make it all happen, but I wasn't aware of any of it.

I highly, highly recommend Catrina Maria Designs.

Profile Picture Marguerite, 1/21/12, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

There are some people that have the luxury of figuring out what their passion is in life: Catrina and her team are prime examples of those folks. When my Fiance and I first got engaged, I shopped around for wedding planners and interviewed three different ones. There was something about Catrina that made me feel like not only did she know the wedding industry inside and out but she LOVED making couples' dreams come true. She was easy to talk to, never spoke negatively about any other competing coordinators, and made me feel so at ease about this whole daunting wedding planning process. I knew instantly that I wanted to hire her... like when I knew instantly that I found my perfect wedding dress... it was that same feeling!

We chose to do the 'month of' package. Catrina took so much time and care into making sure she knew what our vision was for our wedding and to be honest... there was so much I wasn't sure of and she gave me a lot of wonderful ideas. Throughout the process Catrina was available to chat about the small things and the big things.. from asking her for cake baker recommendations to getting advice on the length of time for our photographers to stay, to calling her to help me deal major and minor situations. Whatever came up, I'd give her a ring. She'd always be ready to help in any way and as the wedding got closer, I would call about a lot of last minute changes. No matter what, she always made me feel like I was her only and most important client.

I also had the privilege of also working with Nicole from CMD. She accompanied me to my final dress fitting to learn all my bustles... all 17 points!!! She was also my go-to girl the entire day of the wedding. She was there to help with whatever I needed and I was so glad she was. My BMs were all starving by the time we got done taking pictures, I told her and she went to grab snacks for them! She was my runner since I couldn't really go anywhere. She was awesome and just so sweet!

On the day of our wedding rehearsal, we arrived to find that my venue had double booked. Right outside of our reception was a beautiful vast grassy area that was COVERED with pop up tents because my venue thought that it would be non-obtrusive to have a Native American Pow-Wow from 6pm to midnight. Awesome, right?! I was really disappointed because a lot of my photos now would remain indoors. I won't lie, I had to excuse myself to cry alone and try to get over it. Not to worry, Catrina flew to action and tried everything in her power to try to relocate the Pow-Wow... then when that was not an option, she had them drape 150 yards of curtain to block out the other event. They ended up not being able to keep the curtains up due to the wind but she managed to change the whole flow of the entrance so that our guests would not see the LOUD and very obtrusive Pow-Wow going on simultaneously. I didn't have to worry about a thing while all that last minute change and planning occurred. I just went to the rehearsal, then to dinner, then had a restful night's sleep knowing that I was in great hands. Catrina had my back.

Wedding Day: The ceremony was BEAUTIFUL!!!! The reception was AMAZING! The way Catrina changed the layout made it seem like we were the only party at the venue! She added the most amazing touches and made it so 'us', it was as if the CMD team had jumped into my brain and took exactly what I wanted and made it a reality. I really could go on and on about Catrina and her team but I have written a lot already... just know that she was the best money we spent.. best part was, that after the wedding was over, my new Hubby and I were able to go to the after-party with all our friends and not have to worry about cleaning up and packing up!

I didn't find this out until later but she had been in constant communication with my Maids of Honor and was at their service as well! She and her team are beyond amazing. You will not be disappointed!!!

Profile Picture Candace, 9/3/11, 1 Review

220x220 sq 1279577826153 tent500x320
Photo
220x220 sq 1279577842919 wed1029

5 ENDORSEMENTS
Catrina is a very talented and reputable event planner! Ive had the pleasure of working with her on several occasions and have been her personal makeup artist for her sister's wedding. She is amazing at what she does and if you are looking for the best of the best.... Catrina is for you!

I've had the pleasure to work with Catrina and her staff on a few occasions the past year. Although I don't get to see what they do prior to the event, they do an amazing job of creating beautiful and fun events that flow amazingly smooth. They have a taste for style while keeping in mind the overall budget and desires of the bride and groom. Most importantly, they are easy to work with, are flexible when needed on the day of your wedding and they are FUN!!! You won't be disappointed in this great design and planning company!!!

We love Catrina Maria and this is why we are featuring her as one of the Event Cordinators putting together a table top Vignette at the Kick off event for our Love&Lust Wedding Fashion Blog. Check out her beautiful work at the Love & Lust Wedding trends Event on 5/22 at the Convention Center. Copy & Paste this link to come and check out her work. http://events.sacbee.com/sacramento-ca/events/show/184179845-love-lust-blog-presents-a-wedding-fashion-tips-trends-event Only the best vendors are invited to the "Love&Lust a Wedding Blog" Launch event!!

The team at Catrina Maria is truly amazing! We are always blown away with the fabulous ideas they bring to the table. Their customer service, diligence and creativity are unmatched in the area. We've had the pleasure of working with Catrina Maria on several occasions and they ALWAYS go way above and beyond. They are truly outstanding at what they do and absolutely delightful to work with!

If you are looking for a planner for your wedding, look no further. Catriona and her staff are professional, organized and creative! She is a good listener and will go to great lengths to create a wedding that is a refection of you and your desires. If she can't find it, she will make it! Wonderful to work with. Your wedding is the largest event you will ever plan, with Arcularius Events you can be sure that no detail will be over looked.

1931 H Street, Sacramento, CA 95811   See On Map