1009 Franklin St., Michigan City, IN 46360 Map · Phone number

About Amy Straka Photography

I’m Amy.

I’m a real Midwest girl. I was raised in rural Indiana, on a few acres carved out of the woods, at the end of a dead end road. But when I was a kid, I always dreamed I’d end up with some bigger-than-life career, making huge changes with my name in the headline or the by-line.

Then I realized that there’s nothing bigger than life.

I couldn’t bear to leave LaPorte County. The country is my heart. No city skyline could ever compete with the simple beauty of a county road disappearing through woods and fields. I studied journalism in college, but I never bothered with that career. I have no interest in chasing huge stories anymore, only yours.

I feel blessed everyday that I turned my hobby into my career. Whenever I look at my wedding photos I feel everything, all over again. How lucky am I to make a living giving those feelings back to you, forever!

Photography isn’t making people look pretty in pretty places. It’s way more than that. You don’t live your life in front of a grey muslin sheet. That’s why I don’t do backdrops and I don’t have a studio.

You don’t want to look at your wedding photos and think, “How pretty.” You want to taste the wine and hear the cello. You want to say, “How US.”

Build your custom collection here:

Follow Amy Straka Photography on

17f3f4579fe45994 1268149805605 INVEST
engagementweddingphotographymillcreekbarnsMITSUJASON1018

13 Reviews for Amy Straka Photography

Laura · Married on 09/12/2015

Amy photographed our wedding at Journeyman Distillery this past September. She had shot weddings there in the past and was very familiar with how/when/where to capture the perfect shots! We haven't received all of our photos just yet but those we have seen are just fabulous! Her package includes engagement shots; but we didn't need them as we had already taken them with my cousin, so Amy reduced the package cost for us. She was able to provide a photobooth last minute as well which added such a fun concept to the wedding that we hadn't intended on!

Sent on 12/30/2015

Jenny · Married on 07/31/2015

Amy is amazing! She's so friendly and relaxing to be around. She made our engagement photo shoot so wonderful. I love all of the photos she took and it is very difficult to choose my favorite. She's very responsive to your emails when you have questions. I cannot wait to see the photos she takes at our wedding next year!

Sent on 12/19/2014

Kristin · Married on 06/07/2014

LOVE Amy Straka. I met her when she shot my friend's wedding back in 2010. She's very professional, and you can tell that she loves what she does. I had a lot of fun with her, and I was so happy she was able to shoot my engagement and wedding photography. She's so talented, and I would recommend her to anyone in need of a photographer. :)

Sent on 06/13/2014

Award

Amy Straka Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 2,900.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? 2nd Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event / Day, Toning, Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 4,200.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event / Day, Toning, Albums, Digital Files
  • What photography services do you offer? High-Res Images, Liability Insurance

• Lake Effect Florals
    Lake Effect Florals Wedding Florists

Amy is extremely talented. Her fabulous personality shows in her photography, which gives her work a unique flair. That's hard to come by. She's the best.

• Earthbound Wedding Officiants
    Earthbound Wedding Officiants Wedding Officiants

What a pleasure it was to work with Amy! Very warm, friendly, fun and talented! She really knows how to capture the moment!

• 1009 Franklin St. Michigan City, 46360 See on map