Fairfax, VA 22038 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

• Real Weddings 4

6 Reviews for American Legion Post 177

Jessica · Married on 10/22/2011

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the American Legion this past weekend and it was absolutely wonderful! The coordinator, Jason, was excellent during the entire process with providing me information and answering my millions of questions. He was also great with providing ideas, such as how to layout the room best. All of our guests loved the food and my husband and I appreciated having a lot of really good options to choose from. We also appreciated that the prices for the food was very fair and the quality was excellent. We decided to order two kegs and offer the five choices of wine that the American Legion offers, and we also supplied our own liquor. They supply all of the mixers as well. The prices for alcohol, mixers, and non-alcoholic drinks was excellent and allowed us to offer an open bar during the entire event while keeping our budget in check.

The space at the American Legion is great and offers a lot of opportunities to add your own decorative touch depending on the theme and colors of your wedding. We rented out both sides of the Legion, which allowed us space for cocktail hour and for some of our older relatives and friends with kids to relax once the music got louder in the later part of the evening in the main space. There is also an outside space with a covered balcony. There are also multiple hotels near the American Legion that offer a great block rate, and can also offer a shuttle to and from for guests of the hotel. We used the SpringHill Suites at the recommendation of Jason and all of our guests said that the hotel was very nice.

If you are looking for a space for a wedding reception I would highly recommend scheduling a time to see the space with Jason. There is no way you can beat the price anywhere in Northern Virginia and get the same quality of food, drinks, space, and service. All of the staff at our event were very professional and friendly and really made our big day even better. I would definitely recommend having a wedding reception at the American Legion Post 177 and will contact Jason again if we ever needed space for another event in the future.

Sent on 10/24/2011

Viviane · Married on 03/14/2009

I had a awesome time during my wedding. Everything was so perfect. The food was great, the room was beautiful, exactly as I wanted. Jason is a professional, he was flexible about everything I wanted and he gave me awesome advice to make my wedding even more perfect.

Rob & Vi Moreland

Sent on 03/26/2009

Rachel · Married on 10/06/2007

We had a wonderful time at this venue. Jason was professional and attentive, and extremely flexible when we wanted to change our plans about certain aspects of the reception. The hall is a beautiful blank slate for you to do a lot of your own decorating, and you are usually allowed in even the night before the wedding to set up your decorations. This is one of the only halls in the area that accommodates over 200 people that ISN'T a pay-per-head hotel. We were able to save a huge amount of money by going with this hall. Highly recommended!!

Sent on 03/04/2009