Good Maine

28 milk street, Portland, ME 04101 Map · Phone number · Visit website

About Good Maine

Good Maine is a wedding photography, DJ, and planning service located in Portland, Maine. This all-in-one service makes it their mission to create flawless and joyful wedding days, all executed with charisma and a positive attitude. Couples seeking a professional and creative company that can take care of several essentials at once can rely on Good Maine for all their necessities.

Experience
Owner and operator Kevin Ouellette began his career as a professional DJ, known as Amazing DJ Music, and has continued to pursue his creative passion for music since 2002. He has been making couples’ dreams come true on their special day for over nine years.

Good Maine offers photography, DJ and entertainment, and wedding planning services. This company also offers a photo booth to add fun memories to any reception. A four-in-one wedding package with this company encompasses all of these services, with every detail planned down to the very last second. Photography services include an engagement shoot and unlimited wedding coverage, including scheduled photoshoots and more candid shots. Couples can enjoy 200 edited and retouched photos of their special day as well as hundreds of other shots to look back on and remember fondly. The wedding planning service includes a totally customized itinerary according to your vision. DJ and MC services offer up to eight hours of entertainment, including toasts, special dances, and a high-quality sound system with lighting services and an eclectic playlist.

Happy pair

24 Reviews for Good Maine

• Katie

Katie Dougherty · Married on 09/21/2019

Kevin of Good Maine is AMAZING

The Mary Poppins Man – that is what many of our guests started calling Kevin Ouellette of Good Maine! And we could not agree more! From our very first meeting with Kevin, we knew he was the right fit for us and our wedding. He sold us hook-line-and-sinker on having a first look and thinking about our wedding day as a whole day and not just a 6 to 8 hour event. We sat down in our first meeting with him and had our entire wedding day scheduled within a few hours. He made us look at our wedding from several angles, not just in the traditional ways; made us question what it was that we truly wanted from our day and what was most important. We are very organized people and Kevin was right in line with this which was great! Leading up to our wedding day, we kept talking about Kevin to our bridal party and parents and kept getting asked – are you sure this is one person and there aren’t three Kevins? Well, our friends and family were not disappointed when they met Kevin at 7am the morning of our wedding! He came in with so much energy and not once throughout the day did that energy dissipate. We felt such a level confidence in Kevin that it was easy for us to release control over to him and truly enjoy the day! Taking pictures around Granite Ridge and Norway was so much fun! We are not the kind of couple very big on photos or being in front of others when showing affection, but Kevin was very good at inserting jokes and making us feel comfortable. He totally embraced our love for construction and tried to incorporate that into our pictures as much as possible! Kevin and his assistant Alexis were amazing throughout the day but especially when it came to the reception! Kevin really knows how to get a crowd to have fun and kept the party alive all night – guests did not want to leave! He was up all night at his DJ station dancing and keeping everyone very happy with the music selection! He knew what music worked for the crowd and what didn’t and played into that well throughout the night. Weddings are clearly something Kevin understands to a tee and he orchestrates them so well!! We cannot thank Kevin enough for an amazing day and our guests continue to tell us how awesome he was!!

Sent on 09/29/2019
  • Julia

Julia Ryan · Married on 07/20/2019

Thank you, Kevin!

If you are reading this review, you’re probably trying to decide whether or not you should hire Good Maine. If you are looking for a sign, this is it. Call Kevin immediately and do not look back. From helping us to plan our wedding during the months beforehand to taking care of everything we needed day of (he even made sure I ate!), Kevin was our guy. He is personable, talented, and—most importantly—he gets the job done.

When we told people leading up to the wedding that we had hired a planner/photographer/DJ hybrid, we were met with raised eyebrows. We heard a lot of “one person can’t possibly do all that!” and “no one can do everything—did you read the reviews to see if he’s actually any good?” We did read the reviews, Kevin IS that good, and now we are trying to figure out how to put into words just how glad we are that we got to work with him.

Kevin has this incredible ability to bring both peace and excitement at the same time. He made me feel relaxed and confident as we prepared for our wedding—especially because we had planned it down to the minute in the months leading up to the big day. I should say something here—I love brainstorming, but I hate planning. I had lots of little ideas that I knew I wanted to incorporate, but no idea how to make it all come together. My husband and I knew exactly what we wanted our wedding to feel like, but didn’t know how to translate that into an actual event.

Luckily, Kevin did. Kevin listened to us, got to know us, and offered his professional advice whenever we needed it. He and his assistant, Alexis, were invaluable on our wedding day. Our ceremony was perfect, our pictures are stunning, and our guests can’t stop telling us how much fun they had. I mean, seriously, Kevin calmed a two-and-a-half year old with ant bites, kept everyone happy on one of the hottest and most humid days of the year, and had us dancing so much at the reception that my husband’s ring flew off! Then, he organized a mini search party, found the ring, and got us dancing again. Everything that Kevin did exceeded our expectations.

In summary, I’ll leave you with the words my husband said to me right after we left our first meeting with Kevin: “I’m so glad we hired that guy.”

Sent on 07/24/2019

Award

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Good Maine FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 6500.00
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Natural
    Traditional
  • What photography services do you offer?
    One Event / Day
    Second Shooter
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Digital Files