Amanda Anthony Photographs

Richmond, VA View map

Photography for me is not looking, it's feeling. If I you can't feel what I'm looking at, then I'm never going to get others to feel anything when they look at my pictures - Amanda Anthony 2016

Amanda Anthony www.amandaanthonyphoto.com is a Richmond based photographer who blends her fine art background with her unique and artistic style of image making. Her love for candid, documentary style photography together with her eye for elegant detail guarantees a creative and stylish portfolio of images. "I like to consider myself a "photographic storyteller." I love the photojournalistic approach to wedding photography. My goal is to replicate the day's events as naturally as possible; minimizing posing and scene manipulation. I am constantly looking out for those truly unrehearsed moments."

Amanda's passion for photography also encompasses sharing her knowledge with others. She has taught at several of Virginia's universities, schools and art centers including Virginia Commonwealth University, J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College, The Steward School and the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts. In 1996, Anthony successfully instituted a photography program at the Cultural Arts Center at Glen Allen where she taught adult classes and summer camps.

Amanda also shoots commercially. Her clients include Macy's Department Stores, Bowen, Champlin, Covington Travel, Foreman and Rockecharlie Law Firm, Capital One, Scott and Stringfellow, Compass Tax and Accounting Services, Buckhead's Restaurant, Salon Debonair, Francos Fine Clothiers, Handcraft Cleaners, Richmond Weddings, River City Youth and Fitness, Richmond Country Club, Arcadia Builders, American Family Fitness, Commonwealth Sports and Medicine.

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Contemporary
Photojournalism

What photography services do you offer?

High-Res Images

What photography items do you offer?

Albums
Digital Files
Flush Mount
Prints
Proofs

Sarah Married on 12/22/2016
    Amazingly creative; brilliant with lighting; unique compositions. Amanda is fantastic! After both my engagement photos and bridal session, I couldn't be happier. Amanda takes the time to get to know you and your style; she shared her process and delivered above and beyond my expectations. Amazing talent... I highly recommend.
  • User2436251 2+ years ago
    We had so much fun with Amanda on our wedding day. Since she had shot at our venue before, she knew all the fantastic places to get a good picture with the perfect lighting. Amanda was also super flexible with us as far as our timeline went which changed at the last minute. We appreciated everything she did for us. The pictures are incredible, too!
    Melissa Married on 12/20/2014
    Amanda was amazing to work with! She was very generous and flexible with her time and overall one of the most accommodating vendors we worked with thoroughly the entire wedding process. Amanda's tireless efforts and unique enthusiasm for capturing priceless moments and memories made our special day that much happier! We are still so grateful to have found her and will cherish our wedding photos for years to come!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

The Apple Blossom Inn The Apple Blossom Inn Mansion Weddings

I have seen the website and then met the photographer - beautiful work! Peggy Snead, Owner, Apple Blossom Plantation.

Richmond, 23233
Location of (Amanda Anthony Photographs)

Amanda Anthony Photographs frequently asked questions

What photography styles does Amanda Anthony Photographs offer?

Amanda Anthony Photographs offers the following photography styles:
  • Contemporary
  • Photojournalism

What photography services does Amanda Anthony Photographs offer?

Amanda Anthony Photographs offers the following photography services for weddings:
  • High-Res Images
  • Liability Insurance

What photography materials does Amanda Anthony Photographs offer for wedding events?

Amanda Anthony Photographs offers the following photography materials for weddings:
  • Albums
  • Digital Files
  • Flush Mount
  • Prints
  • Proofs

What percentage of users recommend Amanda Anthony Photographs and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

Amanda Anthony Photographs is recommended by 86% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 4.5 out of 5 with the following breakdown: 4.6 in flexibility, 4.6 in professionalism, 4.5 in value, 4.4 in quality of service and 4.3 in average response time.

Other vendors in Richmond for your wedding