Gardiner, ME 04345 Map · Phone number

About Alex's Catering

A creative wedding catering company in Gardiner, Maine, Alex's Catering believes every meal should look as good as it tastes to provide a richer food experience. Though the food items may look too beautiful to eat, everything will certainly be devoured once a picture is snapped to uphold the meal's integrity.

A truly passionate chef, Alex works tirelessly to ensure his clientele are well understood and then delivers the meal of their dreams. Some of the services included when you book Alex's Catering include:

• Setup
  • Cleanup
  • Delivery
  • Attention to dietary restrictions
  • Champagne toasts
  • Sample menus

Cuisine
With years of experience first as a hobby and then professionally, Alex's Catering has perfected its services to ensure couples are receiving the finest of food. Inspired by his experiences as well as Maine life, Alex loves to use local and seasonal ingredients in his dishes which range from American to French or sandwiches to BBQ. This catering group also provides extensive serving style options including buffet, stations, servers, tastings, family-style and more.

8968c39375862366 1511302796420 img0443

Alex's Catering 2
Alex's Catering 3
Alex's Catering 4

Katy · Married on 09/23/2017

Alex was absolutely AMAZING!!!!!!!!!
    The food was phenomenal, Alex and his wife were an absolute joy to work with. The food was unique and delicious. They went above and beyond to help us and make sure that we got what we wanted. I would recommend Alex to anyone for any event!!!!
    Things I loved:
    1. The food was absolutely fantastic!! Everyone loved everything!
    2. Alex listened to my husband and I and gave us exactly what we wanted, within our budget!
    3. We were gone during cocktail hour and they saved us a plate of appetizers
    4. The wait staff was great, helpful, kind, well dressed, super.
    5. Did I mention how delicious and unique the food was!?

Sent on 09/25/2017
    Alex's Catering 5
    Alex's Catering 6
    Alex's Catering 7
    Alex's Catering 8

Susan · Married on 09/23/2017

The food for our daughter’s wedding was amazingly good! The only problem was that the canapés were so good that I couldn’t stop eating them. I wish I could remember what they were. The lobster bisque tortellini appetizer was delicious. It was so different from anything we’d ever had before. It was difficult to choose between the tortellini and the beet croquettes. Who knew beets could be so delicious? I’ve been told the chicken with Portland beer was delicious. I had the vegetarian option. It was a tart with Maine goat cheese. Alex uses locally sourced ingredients whenever possible. Alex and Amy were delightful to work with. They even served us a test meal in their own house in the middle of January. Amy and her servers were right on top of our needs without being in the way. There was plenty of food (i’ve been to weddings where they ran out). It was served hot. The food was beautifully presented. It made us feel very special in every way.

Sent on 01/02/2018

Karen · Married on 09/23/2017

I have attended more than my share of weddings from casual to over the top for canapés & entrees. However, the service and presentation at a recent Portland wedding which was handled by Alex's Catering was superior in every way. The food delicious as as unique and the presentation was artistic. The service was totally professional yet kind and totally accommodating to the guests. Such a treat to have a wonderful meal at a wedding where the caterer obviously took such pride in the quality of the meal & service!

Sent on 01/02/2018

Alex's Catering FAQ

• What is the average catering price per person for plated service? $ 70.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for buffet service? $ 50.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for hors d'oeuvres? $ 30.00
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of your full service wedding catering? Clean Up, Server(s), Tastings
  • What event services do you provide? Delivery, Set Up, Clean Up
  • What catering services do you provide? Breakfast / Brunch, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Family Style, French Service, Hors d'oeuvres, Lunch, Plated, Server(s), Tastings
  • What types of cuisine do you cater? American, BBQ, French, Local, Sandwiches, Seafood
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate? Gluten Free, Lactose Free, No Pork, Halal, Kosher, Nut Free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian
  • What bar services do you provide? Champagne Toast