9 E 60th Street, Savannah, GA 31405 Map · Phone number

About Adele Amelia

Welcome to Adele Amelia, your source for bridal accessories that perfectly compliment even the most discerning bride and, of course, that special dress. Using the finest laces, fabrics, beads and vintage treasures from around the world, I personally handcraft a range of wedding accessories--from unusual birdcages and fascinators to formal cathedral length veils. I also design one-of-a-kind sashes.

All work is done by me in my Savannah studio. The purpose of this site is to show you some my work, give you a sense of my design background and how I approach working personally with clients-- primarily through fine retail bridal shops in Savannah and Charleston.

I was trained at Parsons the New School for Design in Manhattan. After college, I started my own boutique in Chelsea. I called it Bumbleberry's and that’s where I learned about different kinds of lace and discovered how well lace works in unusual ways: denim jackets, sneakers, and jewelry. I designed lace-covered hi-tops for a Joan Vass Couture show during Fashion Week in New York City, and hand-painted sneakers for Michael Jackson’s Fashion Premier at The Palladium. I created custom denim and lace skirts for Helen Mirren to wear in the film "The Mosquito Coast".

??Today, I am delighted to again be working with lace (now in more traditional ways). I also use old silks, crystals, beads and other vintage treasures. I inherited a cedar chest from my great-grandmother that is filled with antique laces and fabrics, silk dresses, an amazing ostrich plume, a hand-painted fan from Paris, and her silk wedding shoes. These are inspirations for customizing unique heirloom pieces that fit each bride’s individual taste.

I love collaborating with brides-to-be and since so many of my creations are found in retail bridal shops in Savannah and Charleston, most of my collaborations are through a retail establishment. However I do also welcome on-line inquiries and collaborations from brides-to-be who live outside our local region.?

• Mahogany G
dsc0593 edit

2 Reviews for Adele Amelia

1 User photo

Meg · Married on 05/19/2018

The designer of the accessories line and the owner of the bridal salon met with me in a very accomodating way and helped me pick the perfect headband and sash. Perfect! My sash just arrived in the mail and is even more gorgeous than the sample

Sent on 10/18/2017

Adele Amelia's reply:

Thank you so much for the lovely review, Meg! i am glad that you are happy with your sash, and I wish you a happy and healthy future!
  • Chris

Chris · Married on 01/18/2020

Comb too short

The veil was as described when we discussed but the comb used was far too short and didn't stay in my hair. Finally had to pin it in with bobby pins.

Sent on 01/19/2020

Adele Amelia FAQ

• Who do you provide services for?
    Bride
    Bridesmaids
    Flower Girls
    Mother of the Bride
    Mother of the Groom
  • Which of the following services do you provide?
    Full Customization
  • Which of the following items do you offer?
    Bridal Belts
    Garters
    Hair Accessories
    Jewelry
    Veils
  • What is your return policy?
    Exchanges

• 9 E 60th Street Savannah, 31405 See on map
    Location of (Adele Amelia)