A Sound Plan

Springfield, VA View map

$855 Most Popular Price

Wayne Boyland has been a professional DJ since 2001 and is fluent in many musical genres. In addition to weddings, he also does events specifically for kids, teens, young adults and seniors. Wayne truly enjoys playing music for every member of the family, from young to old.

Of course, playing the right song at the right time is important and takes practice and skill. Softer, romantic songs that appeal to a wide variety of tastes and ages work very well during dinner, but the pace needs to gradually pick up to energize the crowd to get up and dance. Wayne enjoys the challenge of making it all appear seamless and natural. "I'm normally low key because I feel it's my job to make the bride and groom shine - not me. I take great care to make introductions and announcements sound very professional - but for couples who like things more playful, I love to help out with any games or line dance lessons along with encouraging the dancers."

All of The Sound Plan's equipment is 100% pro quality. 450 Watt QSC Amp, Electro Voice speakers and Sub woofers, Gemini mixer, dual CD player, laptop computer loaded with 60,000 songs of all types (going back to the big band era and right up to this week's releases), PCDJ special pro DJ software, wireless microphone, wired microphone. Although 99% of the time music is played from the computer, Wayne brings thousands of CD's as back up, just in case. "I can definitely rock the house. In fact, it's kind of rare that I really get to crank the equipment all the way up. For most events it's simply too loud."

Before a wedding, Wayne encourages the bride and groom to meet with him so they'll know who will be playing the music, and to discuss their vision for their big day. "I listen to all of their requests and encourage them to provide a list of the songs, if any, that they absolutely do not want to hear, along with others that I'm to play only if requested. I then plan the most effective time to use each song they've requested to get the best response. I watch the crowd carefully during the event to make sure I'm reading them correctly and playing just the right song to keep them (and you) happy."

I look forward to helping you create A Sound Plan for your wedding day!

Jaime Married on 08/12/2017
    Wayne was recommended to us by a mutual friend for our wedding near Charlottesville. From the very beginning, he was responsive, enthusiastic, flexible, and receptive to our ideas. He played all of our requests, and the other selections were spot-on. He seemed really great at reading the mood of the crowd and playing things that were just right for the moment. He even let us karaoke a number towards the end of the night! I also love that he charged a (reasonable!) flat fee instead of quoting one number and then having a lot of stressful add-on charges, which others in the area seem to do.
    Highly recommend!
  • User1536226 2+ years ago
    Wayne (A Sound Plan) was probably the easiest person to work with that I have ever met. Not only that, because of his vast experience, he brought things to my attention that I hadn't even considered. He was really flexible with us - we had a non-traditional wedding event. And he knew how to manage the room with bringing up the mood, making it romantic, etc. He also worked really well with the other vendors (photographer especially) to make sure the music and everything else was timed perfectly. I can't speak highly enough of Wayne and his services. I just wish I was throwing more parties that needed a DJ so we could have him back again!
    Jessica Married on 09/16/2011
    Wayne was a pleasure to work with. He gave us a lot of great advice and resources for planning our music selections. He was very low key and played all the music we wanted him to play. He did a great job mixing it up and we were very happy with his on site appearance and demeanor.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

Deals

A Sound Plan 1
Discount
If you prefer to pay in full with your signed agreement, we are pleased to offer you a 10% discount.

Cruises Inc. Cruises Inc. Travel Agents

Wayne is wonderful to work with, has a very large selection of music and tailors it to fit your style. He's one of the best in the business!

Bergerons Flowers Bergerons Flowers Wedding Florists

Crazy Fun and Full of Life~But with a Sense of Style! Never too bold or outlandish, A Sound Plan offers the best of what you want out of dj! Wayne is the best. I highly recommend his services.

For All Occasions (FAO EVents) For All Occasions (FAO EVents) Wedding Planners

Wayne at A Sound Plan is an excellent DJ who makes sure that everything that the bride and groom have asked for is played at their wedding. He is a true professional and his knowledge of music is impressive. Wayne is a vendor that I highly recommend.

Springfield, 22150
Location of (A Sound Plan)

Other vendors in Washington DC for your wedding