425 Hanover Street, Boston, MA 02113 Map · Phone number

About A Matter of Face

A Matter of Face is an award winning makeup studio located in the heart of Boston's "Little Italy". Specializing in event makeup for every occaison, we pride ourselves in bringing out your best "you" ...whether your looking for old school glamour or your inner flower child, we guarentee to accomplish the look you want to acheive.

weddingellensabra9
1003copy

18 Reviews for A Matter of Face

• Cristina

Cristina · Married on 12/03/2016

Paula is a truly gifted makeup artist. After booking her for my engagement photoshoot makeup, I was in love with the look she gave me and knew she would gel really well with the group. It felt natural working with her. She made each and every one of my bridesmaids (as well as my mother and mother of the groom) look absolutely stunning and used her skills to bring out the best in each of them.

Her style is to use natural makeup that brings out your best features. I am not one to wear makeup daily and Paula did a great job keeping the makeup true to me while making me feel beautiful. I couldn't have asked for more. She knows what will photograph well and does not rush anyone's makeup---my bridal party was absolutely thrilled! Book Paula ASAP!

Katie · Married on 10/15/2016

I had met Paula a few years earlier when she did make-up for a friend's wedding, so when I started planning my wedding I immediately contacted her to lock her down for ours. She's a little pricey but well worth it - her make-up is flawless, looks natural, and doesn't feel heavy. I also have very sensitive skin but the make-up she used felt great and didn't irritate it at all. Paula is also really warm and calm, a great personality to have around on a hectic day. She fit in an extra person on the day of without a problem. I would definitely recommend her!

Stephanie · Married on 09/26/2015

Paula was amazing to work with and I can't possibly recommend her highly enough! I don't wear a lot of make up and really wanted to look like myself on my wedding day, without being overly made up, and Paula really listened to me and gave me exactly the look I was going for. She did my bridesmaids too who all looked stunningly beautiful! She's also just incredibly sweet and easy to talk to and chatting with her definitely helped calm my nerves. I would go back to her in a heartbeat!

Award