Gladstone, OR 97027 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 31

About A.D. Entertainment

DJ, Celebrity Live Music, and pro Karaoke by the winner of the "Best Of 2012 Award" at Gigmasters.com. #1 DJ in Oregon there for 5 years.

I’m new to WeddingWire and EventWire, but besides the award at Gigmasters.com, I’ve also received “Elite Pro” status at Thumbtack.com, where only 1% of their vendors receive that honor. Until I receive more reviews here at WeddingWire, below and at my website are unsolicited great reviews. I specialize in knowing and loving every era and style of music (except offensive rap) from the '20s to current. And do check out my video below, which shows that I'm good at making great parties :-)

My website is: www.PdxDJ.com. My phone number is: 503-650-8840.

For Weddings and Events:

I've done hundreds of ceremonies, receptions, events and parties of all kinds, and therefore know just what to do - including emceeing and coordinating events - and the right songs to play to make your event great.

And this is all done within the parameters (out of all the wedding and reception and event possibilities and music styles) that you choose and then communicate to me via my Ceremony, Reception and Event Preferences sheets that I email to you. Plus I can go over options with you. But generally I just play the hits from the eras and styles you choose on my sheet, and just the ones that have proven to be the most danceable and that make it so people can't resist the dance floor :-)

But I can get special requests ahead of time (no expense to you).

I’m not an overbearing DJ, but do interact with the crowd in a fun way if it feels right (and it usually does:-). But I do bring over 5000 songs with me.

If you want "lights," what I have works great and are a lot of fun. Plus they make the dance floor more inviting. My attire can be casual, dressy casual, suit or tuxedo.

There are also the options of karaoke and/or live music. Regarding live music, I've had an internationally bestselling CD as a sax player, which is good for dinner/cocktail music, and I'm a former member of The Tokens, the band who had the original hit The Lion Sleeps Tonight - which I sing. You can also see those in the video demo.

Regarding the karaoke option, my system is state of the art in that it is computer driven and not disc driven. Also, the singers are given a professional treatment with recording studio equipment (compressor/limiter, reverb and digital delay) and therefore sound a lot better. Plus I can get any special songs requested.

It should help your confidence in booking me to notice the reviews and above-mentioned awards that I received, which means that I’m a real client and crowd pleaser, given what they are looking for. My only focus at your event is that you and your guests are happy :-)

(The following are not quotes that I asked for. They were just sent to me.)

"It was very special for us to have found you to participate in our very special day. Amidst all the musicians and DJs in Portland, I feel like I asked for "the best" and that is what I received! Roger and I will look forward to events with you in the future. You were wonderful Dennis. Thank you!!"
Carol and Roger Jensen, The Bride and Groom

"You are definitely the best, I would say twice as good as any live music I've ever heard, even when we've gone out. I'm also glad about how you announced everything perfect! We got loads of compliments from friends who said that you really had a lot of talent!! I can't wait 'til my sister gets married, we'll definitely have you back!!! Or to anyone, for that matter, we'll definitely recommend you."
Dave and Diane Gyarts, The Bride and Groom

You can see more reviews here at WeddingWire and at my website www.PdxDJ.com.

Follow A.D. Entertainment on

Photos 29 Photos
Videos 2 vídeos

21 Reviews for A.D. Entertainment

Victoria · Married on 10/19/2013

Dennis, I wanted to thank you so much for your patience and the fabulous job you did. I had a fantastic time and I especially enjoyed the saxophone. I used to go out dancing every weekend up until I met Martin. That was three years ago, so I was overdue to be on the dance floor. You still have a great singing voice and a wonderful speaking voice for your job. I will recommend you to whomever I can. Everyone that attended commented on how good you were. Martin and I were very pleased with your services:0) Sincerely Mr. and Mrs. Hanson.

Sent on 10/21/2013

Erin · Married on 10/14/2013

Dennis was a great DJ, he was ready for every genre we could have wanted and made sure well before the wedding (even though he was given short notice) that he had his whole schedule and list of songs set up, whether we or the officiant needed a mic, what songs or genres we would like for every part of the wedding, etc. He even brought his sax and played on request. We originally didn't plan to have a DJ but we are very glad we did. We would recommend him to anyone and everyone planning a wedding (or any other DJ'ed event)

Sent on 11/03/2013

A.D. Entertainment's reply:

Erin, Thank you for the nice review :-) You and your guests were a lot of fun. It was a pleasure doing your wedding :-) Hope you're enjoying my CD.
    Dennis

Kathryn · event on: 10/05/2013

Dennis was helpful in the planning of our event as well as being prompt and professional at the party. He did a great job maintaining the tone and excitement of the event. Everyone had a great time dancing and singing along. This was money well spent because the teens got to hear what they wanted and we the parents didn't have to supervise too closely or (heaven forbid) actually listen to their music! Thanks Dennis!

Sent on 10/13/2013