2463 Turnersburg Hwy. N., Harmony, NC 28634 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 58
  • Real Weddings 1

About 1812 Hitching Post

Full service all-inclusive wedding venue - historic plantation home on 26 acres located just north of Statesville, North Carolina, near the intersection of I-77 and I-40. Outdoor ceremonies and receptions complete with event planning, designer decor, delicious catering, fresh and gorgeous wedding cakes, minister, DJ, and everything needed for your wedding or event.

We are the only venue of our kind. We specialize in vintage and rustic weddings. We're in the top 5% of NC historic wedding venues. We are family run and have hosted weddings for over 16 years. We care about you and your family; you will feel the love!

Follow 1812 Hitching Post on

1812 Hitching Post 6
1812 Hitching Post 7
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 09/13/2019

Seamless - the best day ever!!!!

We live approximately 5 hours away from this venue...I had never heard of it prior to booking it. I was searching for an experience that would be all inclusive and allow us to just show up, yet still have fun celebrating. I wanted a non-stressful day, a day that I could just enjoy...a day that my family and friends could just spend time with us and enjoy before the wedding as well. We love DIY things; however, I wanted this to be different. We have the best family and friends in the world who would have stayed up all night the night before decorating if we asked them to; however, with the 1812 Hitching Post we didn’t have to!

I didn’t see the venue before I booked it, I just booked it by the photos and reviews I was able to find online. Sure there were a few negative reviews that made me a little timid about it, but man am I so glad I didn’t let them stop me! From the very beginning Wendy took time on the phone to answer every question I had, allowed payments to be made which kept it affordable, and she was quick to respond to any text message or email I sent. She prefers email communication so she can keep track of everything leading up to the day.

About a month prior to the wedding she sends a sheet for you to answer questions of what you want and how you want it. They have beautiful decor to select from...most pictured online! We gave her a list of songs (some not so popular) and picked a cake style displayed on their website.

I literally showed up the evening of our wedding. JUST SHOWED UP!!!!! Wendy and her husband are so sweet and accommodating. The home and landscaping are just breathtaking. It is an older home so don’t expect perfection, expect unbelievable history and character.

Our package included the decor for both the ceremony and reception (we only provided a couple flowers and small things), the officiant, DJ, cake, bartender, and food. The decor, perfection. The staff are just the sweetest and so professional! The food...DELICIOUS!!! The DJ, that man kept the party going until the moment we left!!!! The cake, beautiful and so tasty!!! The bartenders, kept the drinks coming and were so respectful of everyone.

If you’re wondering if you should go with this venue, please do! You won’t regret it. I had the most relaxing seamless day...and that would not have been possible without Wendy, her husband and her staff.

Wendy, from the bottom of my heart....thank you. I swear (not just because it was our wedding)....that was the best, most fun wedding I’ve been to in my life. Our guests raved about you guys!

Sent on 09/15/2019

Chelsea Glacken · Married on 10/13/2018

We had a perfect wedding at 1812 Hitching Post

Getting married at 1812 Hitching Post was by far the best decision my husband and I made! Wendy was the absolute best to work with and we couldn’t be more proud of how our day turned out! I originally wanted to hire a wedding planner because I had no idea what I was doing but Wendy helped way more than I could have ever imagined!!! She did so much to make sure our day was beautiful and really helped alleviate a lot of stress off of us! And aside from Wendy, the venue is absolutely gorgeous!! You’d be crazy not to pick this place! (:

Sent on 11/09/2018

Loryn · Married on 09/15/2018

I can not say enough about how much we loved having our wedding at the 1812 Hitching Post. From the very first contact inquiry when searching for a venue, until after the wedding, Wendy has gone above and beyond in making sure our wedding exceeded our expectations. She went above and beyond in the communication/planning, attention to detail, sincerity and care, and I could continue. I had many specific needs and requests and she worked tirelessly to make my dreams come true! We had to even battle a hurricane in the middle of our wedding and it was still absolutely perfect. Her hard work and kindness towards us in so many situations was tremendous. We felt like friends of Wendy, rather than customers and I knew our wedding was in good hands- even through a hurricane! I am so appreciative of Wendy and her team to make all of my wedding dreams come true and more!

Sent on 10/01/2018
    1812 Hitching Post 8

1812 Hitching Post FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 3,500.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season? $ 500.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? No
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Bridal Suite, Chairs, China, Clean Up, Event Planning, Flatware, Glassware, Lighting/Sound, Linens, Parking, Set Up, Tables
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service? $ 5.00
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 3
  • Describe your venue: Farm/Ranch, Garden, Historic Building, Inn/B&B, Mansion
  • What event services do you offer? Accommodations, All Inclusive Packages, Bar Services, Cake, Catering Services, Clean Up, Event Planner, Get Ready Rooms, Liability Insurance, Lighting / Sound, Outside Vendors, Set Up, Wifi
  • What catering services do you offer? Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Stations
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s), Liquor License, Outside Alcohol
  • What event items are available? Aisle Markers, Altar/Arch, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Lighting, Photo booth, Tables, Tents
  • What months are included in your peak season? April, May, June, August, September, October
  • What months are included in your off-peak season? January, February, March, July, November, December

Real Weddings

• The Weathered Board
    The Weathered Board Wedding Rentals

Incredibly beautiful breath taking wedding venue!!

• Desi's Floral & Design
    Desi's Floral & Design Wedding Florists

1812 Hitching Post is a beautiful venue, with gorgeous landscaping and a historical appeal that makes for romantic wedding pictures! The venue offers so many options and flexibility. Owners are a joy to work with and really take note to all the details. I am always thrilled to hear of couples getting married at 1812, knowing it will be an amazing event!

• Sheri Allison Photography
    Sheri Allison Photography Wedding Photographers

We had the privilege of photographing a late summer wedding at 1812 Hitching Post in 2013. We were impressed with the beauty of the property as well as all the details that were handled for our bride and groom. They were able to enjoy their special day knowing that the staff had everything under control!

• 2463 Turnersburg Hwy. N. Harmony, NC, 28634 See on map