Wood/Tree Cake/Cupcake Stand
Hi!

Its been awhile since I've posted, but I know you all always come up with the best ideas and information

I am hoping that some of you may know where I can find some of the wooden tree cupcake stands. Its like a slice of wood from a tree. I am hoping the picture I am attaching shows up, and everyone can see what I am talking about. I have found a few on etsy at a reasonable price, but am just wondering if any of you know where else I can find these. Everywhere else I look they are very expensive. Thank you!!!

Married: 09/10/2011
Posted On: Apr 7, 2011 at 11:38 AM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

9 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Married: 1+ year ago
Apr 07, 2011 at 11:45 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Apr 07, 2011 at 11:46 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Contact a local tree trimming service & ask if they'll cut them for you. I have a storage bldg loaded with sliced logs that my husband cut for me last year in various sizes - those smaller ones in the pic are just branches. All it takes is a felled tree and someone handy with a chain saw; as in your pic there are a few that are not going to be absolutely flat - these can be evened out by wedging underneath w/ tabs of cardboard. Be aware that some of the slices will split as they dry out.

Married: 2+ years ago
Apr 07, 2011 at 11:48 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I was also going to suggest www.save-on-crafts.com

Hayley C™
Reviews: 1
Apr 07, 2011 at 12:15 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
It is a DIY instructions... but maybe they would make them for you?
I'll keep looking...
http://tradewindtiaras.blogspot.com/2010/11/diy-project-rustic-wooden-cake-stands.html

another with what looks like simpler instructions.
http://kinsereventcompany.blogspot.com/2010/06/diy-rustic-cake-stand.html

$30 Etsy seller
http://www.etsy.com/listing/70300080/wood-tree-slice-cake-pie-cupcake-dessert
Edited On: Apr 07, 2011 at 12:20 PM

Jessica
Married: 06/25/2011
Reviews: 7
Apr 07, 2011 at 1:02 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I am having a rustic wedding and the best prices for things like this seem to be on saveoncrafts.

They have cute personalized ones on etsy for a few dollars more,

FMS, the barefoot wife!
Reviews: 10
Apr 07, 2011 at 1:06 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Hello, My mom made ours. You need someone that can operate a chainsaw and cut a pretty flat slices & stumps, wood glue, long screws and a drill & drill bit.

And a sander and sand paper.

Edited On: Apr 07, 2011 at 1:07 PM

Married: 06/18/2011
Apr 07, 2011 at 1:42 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
we are making ours as well, we have a cabin up north so most of our decor came from the woods lol.

Married: 10/08/2011
Apr 07, 2011 at 6:11 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
We also are making ours...luckily I own a chainsaw and the mountains are not far. Always a fallen tree around! Then some sand paper or even just a level and you are set...

Married: 09/10/2011
Apr 07, 2011 at 9:19 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Thank you everyone. I think we may attempt to DIY these, and we will see from their.

Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct