Who wears boutonnieres?
I am guessing that the groom, grooms men, parents of the bride, and parents of the groom wear boutonnieres. But do the ushers, grandparents, or anyone else wear them? I am making them myself but I am unsure as to how many to make. Should the family's be different from the wedding party? Thanks for your advice!

Married: 2+ years ago
Reviews: 2
Posted On: Apr 3, 2009 at 10:39 AM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

4 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

gimammana
Married: 05/24/2009
Reviews: 5
Apr 03, 2009 at 10:40 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
I'm also making my own and I'm including the ushers and grandparents. I don't think I'm including aunts and uncles though b/c that will be to many people. I think each person does what they like b/c I know some people who included most of the family.
Apr 03, 2009 at 11:01 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Most people include what you said, and also the readers. Usually the groomsmen/ushers are the same, with the grooms being different. As far as grandparents and parents, sometimes they're the same, sometimes not. If there are any grandmothers and/or mothers, those are different as well. The women's boutonnieres are a little bigger, and have a wrist band so they can choose to pin it to their shirt or jacket, or wear them on their wrist.

Married: 09/04/2010
Apr 03, 2009 at 11:11 AM • Flag As Inappropriate
Chelsey here is the list of people that i am providing boutonnieres and corsages for.

B
1. Groom, Best Man, Groomsmen, Both Fathers, All Grandfathers, any brothers not included in wedding party.
C
1.Both Mothers, All Grandmothers, any sisters not included in wedding party

Married: 01/01/2012
Apr 03, 2009 at 2:16 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
I agree with the above responses. Everyone in your wedding party, including the bride and groom's immediate family (mom, dad, brother, sister, grandparents) should all receive special corsages or boutonnieres. I do think that the family should receive different ones from your wedding party though. Think maybe the same colors but maybe darker or lighter and different flowers!

http:/simplysmittenbrides.blogspot.com/
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct